The World Cup Thread.....

North Korea played really, really well. Not just defensively, their strikers kept Brazil on their toes too..really good goal they got at the end there. If Ivory Coast and Portugal thought that NK were going to be the "easy" side in this group....they might be mistaken.
 
North Korea played really, really well. Not just defensively, their strikers kept Brazil on their toes too..really good goal they got at the end there. If Ivory Coast and Portugal thought that NK were going to be the "easy" side in this group....they might be mistaken.

Yep, both those teams may be in for a nasty surprise. None of them impressed earlier today to be fair. :embarrassed:

I was impressed with the structure and intensity of North Korea's playing :)
 
Yep, both those teams may be in for a nasty surprise. None of them impressed earlier today to be fair. :embarrassed:

I was impressed with the structure and intensity of North Korea's playing :)

Indeed. For me, they were not a "Negative" side in the way Serbia were against Ghana. Sure, their priority was defence (as would be most teams against Brazil :grin:)..but they always tried to get forward and hurt Brazil when they could. I reckon they'll beat Ivory Coast. :embarrassed:
 
Yep, both those teams may be in for a nasty surprise. None of them impressed earlier today to be fair. :embarrassed:

I was impressed with the structure and intensity of North Korea's playing :)

Not that surprising really. They are a true 'team' since most of the players never play for other clubs, and I would imagine that a really poor showing by the team would not be taken well by the powers that be back home.
 
The commentators mentioned it was rumoured that the match would only be shown in Korea if they won :embarrassed::embarrassed:


But they played great. Small error by the keeper and a big slice of luck for the first goal, and Korean shoulders seemed to sag a little after that, and you could tell the intensity of their play was tiring them out in a pretty big way.

Kudos to them for getting the goal though, and a very good one it was at that, shame it wasn't Jom(?) that scored it, but the assist was fantastic.
 
I went to bed after the 1st brazil goal but I thought Korea played well and I loved the fact that whilst barely allowing the brazilians space at the back, they were moving forward at every chance.

I'm sick of seeing teams pass the ball around between the halfway line and their own 3rd. I get to watch rangers do that all season :embarrassed:

That's my weekend started so I'm goign to have a shower, get ready and spend most of my time between now and friday evening stuck in front of the rec's plasma finishing off my last batch of wine :thu:
 
Buffon is out for probably the rest of the cup (Italian Goal Keeper) with a back injury. Not good for Italy.
 
Spain to start their first match soon - my big favourites to win this tournament. :)

Retardedly good squad when they can afford to start with Fabregas and Torres (Torres has been out with injury for a long time though, to be fair...) on the bench. :messedup: :embarrassed:

If they play like they did the last pre-world cup game, it's gonna get ugly for the Swiss. :embarrassed:
 
Hopefully they don't play like they did when they played America in the 2009 Confederations Cup when they lost.

Unless of course they play America in later rounds ....
 
Hopefully they don't play like they did when they played America in the 2009 Confederations Cup when they lost.

Unless of course they play America in later rounds ....

Fwiw, that's the only game they've lost in years iirc. :embarrassed:
They've been in great form lately, so I doubt they'll lose in the near future. :wink:
 
conversation I had with my friend who was born and raised in Africa....

Baimun - "How can a sport end after 93 minutes at a 0 to 0 tie? Every tean in that bracket has a tie! What kind of crap is that?"

Nwan - "Hahaha, Don't be a hater. Only a sport that requires great skill and precision can pull something like that off."

Baimun - "You mean like Tic-Tac-Toe?"

:helper:
 
Hopefully they don't play like they did when they played America in the 2009 Confederations Cup when they lost.

Unless of course they play America in later rounds ....

Fwiw, that's the only game they've lost in years iirc. :embarrassed:
They've been in great form lately, so I doubt they'll lose in the near future. :wink:

Yeah - the only way the USA and Spain play is in the semis (if the USA gets second in their group) or the finals (if they finish first). I don't think they will get that far. To have any chance to advance very far the USA team really have to win their group, since the #2 team in the group plays the winner of group 'D' - which will probably be Germany. And we saw how good they looked a couple days ago.
 
didn't they already succeed in what they were attempting by the simple fact that the press wrote stories about the stunt?

orang.jpg


Oh yeah... and Ambush Beer > Budweiser.
 
Back
Top