The World Cup Thread.....

This is why I love football!..anything can happen..with Chile having won as well, Spain have got a problem..they might well finish second in the group..and that will mean they probably play Brazil in the second round..
 
This is why I love football!..anything can happen..with Chile having won as well, Spain have got a problem..they might well finish second in the group..and that will mean they probably play Brazil in the second round..

I really don't hope so. I'd like them to play in the final. :embarrassed:
 
didn't they already succeed in what they were attempting by the simple fact that the press wrote stories about the stunt?

orang.jpg


Oh yeah... and Ambush Beer > Budweiser.

Yeah, that was the dumbest way I can imagine FIFA handling this. I doubt most folks would have found it notable to see a bunch of Dutch supporters wearing orange at a match, 99% of viewers would never have known it was a beer thing if not for FIFA making such a fuss about it.

EDIT: Also, WTF Switzerland?!?!
 
Yeah, that was the dumbest way I can imagine FIFA handling this. I doubt most folks would have found it notable to see a bunch of Dutch supporters wearing orange at a match, 99% of viewers would never have known it was a beer thing if not for FIFA making such a fuss about it.

EDIT: Also, WTF Switzerland?!?!

I would have had no clue. They are not wearing anything that mentions the beer by name so that was a stupid move by the FIFA.
 
Well it's not the first time the Dutchies have been interned in South Africa y know what i mean :embarrassed:

That is the VERY first group shot of hot women that i would hit every single one with reckless abandon (including the swedish footballs one :) )
 
I think the sound guys there have finally figured out how to filter out some of the noise from the vuvuzelas. I'm watching the RSA-Uruguay game, and you can actually hear the crowd most of the time. The buzz is really more in the background now.
 
I think the sound guys there have finally figured out how to filter out some of the noise from the vuvuzelas. I'm watching the RSA-Uruguay game, and you can actually hear the crowd most of the time. The buzz is really more in the background now.

Yeah, it's a whole lot better now.

Apparently the BBC has been working on some filtering thingie the last few days. Could very well be they've had some input. :embarrassed:

Lucky shot by Forlan btw. :wink:
 
Yeah, it's a whole lot better now.

Apparently the BBC has been working on some filtering thingie the last few days. Could very well be they've had some input. :embarrassed:

Lucky shot by Forlan btw. :wink:

Pretty good shot by Forlan. RSA needs to be a bit more disciplined. Aggressive is one thing - but they are a man down now....
 
Dude fucking ran the show. Fantastic performance.

Pity to see SA most likely out of the tournament though :(
 
Dude fucking ran the show. Fantastic performance.

Pity to see SA most likely out of the tournament though :(

Not if you're sharing a compound with 20 odd SAr's that until last friday had never seen a football game in their life but seem to want to make up by painting everything in fucking sight green and yellow whilst blowing those fucking horns :embarrassed:

viva le france:grin:
 
RSA would need a miracle to stay in it considering their next match is with France.....

Dude. France is an easy target these days.

Hey, think about it. The teams going forward from that group - Urugay and Mexico. Who'd have thunk. :cheese:
But seriously, France will have to kick it up at least 5 notches, and frankly I don't see them have it in them. :embarrassed:

They have a team full of world class players, but a coach that doesn't have any balls whatsoever. :facepalm:

I'd gladly be wrong, but I don't think I am...
 
Looking forward to today :)..I think South Korea can give Argentina a good game..they've got a high tempo aggressive style that might just upset the Argentines.
 
Back
Top