Just a reminder about the Terms of Service here.

I think there is two sides to it. Rules are there for a reason. However, i think it is pretty clear most controversial stuff said here is in jest and not meant to offend anyone. Some people need to lighten up a bit
 
You people always say stuff like that.

ngbbs50244dad77ffa.jpg
 
Part of why I left HC, in addition to the HORRIBLE "upgrades", was based on the perpetual biting tones of several of the regulars. Others I didn't care about, but the ignore list was so long I realized that it was not the place for me. In coming here, I found no reason to use the ignore list...until I did. Now, I have seven or eight folks on that list. It's more than I'd like, but it keeps my ire/need to respond in check. The handy "Show Ignored Content" link to the right above the response box allows to read this stuff if I want, and I do so knowing that I'm bringing potential pissed-offed-ness upon myself. So when I do show this content, I never respond to it.

I'm not particularly happy about this, but it makes my use of this awesome set of boards far more enjoyable. So, if it's the same people complaining about the same other people...take advantage of the Ignore List. It's quick, easy, and effective. Instead of ranting like Sara Evans about the inappropriateness of a sitcom (that she could have easily turned off), be proactive and help yourself enjoy the MWGL forums without getting too upset. Similarly, if you find yourself being an antagonist, take moment to think about what you're posting. We're all just trying to maintain a nice online community...right?
 
Part of why I left HC, in addition to the HORRIBLE "upgrades", was based on the perpetual biting tones of several of the regulars. Others I didn't care about, but the ignore list was so long I realized that it was not the place for me. In coming here, I found no reason to use the ignore list...until I did. Now, I have seven or eight folks on that list. It's more than I'd like, but it keeps my ire/need to respond in check. The handy "Show Ignored Content" link to the right above the response box allows to read this stuff if I want, and I do so knowing that I'm bringing potential pissed-offed-ness upon myself. So when I do show this content, I never respond to it.

I'm not particularly happy about this, but it makes my use of this awesome set of boards far more enjoyable. So, if it's the same people complaining about the same other people...take advantage of the Ignore List. It's quick, easy, and effective. Instead of ranting like Sara Evans about the inappropriateness of a sitcom (that she could have easily turned off), be proactive and help yourself enjoy the MWGL forums without getting too upset. Similarly, if you find yourself being an antagonist, take moment to think about what you're posting. We're all just trying to maintain a nice online community...right?


Ignored.jpg
 
I've never read anything here that I found so disturbing that I had to put people on Ignore or send Mark a PM. That includes the time OCG lost his mind, and the nitwit who falsely accused me of being a racist. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I've been to many guitar forums and this place is the most sedate forum I've ever attended. No offense, but this is the Pill Ward of guitar forums and I get that some people like it that way. Then again I don't read every single topic posted here and had no idea that tompetty was being bullied. With that said, I don't think I'm out of line saying that there are some hyper-sensitive people around here who need to thicken their skin. I'd hate to see how they handle a real-life difference of opinion, sarcasm, dark humor, and confrontation.
 
Last edited:
I don't think I can remember reporting anyone for anything (other than spam) in all of my time on guitar forums over the years. I've never read something on a guitar forum that got me so offended that I felt the need to report.

Ignore I've used only a few times, but even that is extremely rare.

I agree with the no politics/no religion rules as it keeps things civil, but I guess it blows my mind a little bit how seriously some people take stuff if folks are getting reported and ignored left and right around here. It makes me wonder if they've had to deal with any actual adversity in their lives.
 
I've never read anything here that I found so disturbing that I had to put people on Ignore or send Mark a PM. That includes the time OCG lost his mind, and the nitwit who falsely accused me of being a racist. It meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

I've been to many guitar forums and this place is the most sedate forum I've ever attended. No offense, but this is the Pill Ward of guitar forums and I get that some people like it that way. Then again I don't read every single topic posted here and had no idea that tompetty was being bullied. With that said, I don't think I'm out of line saying that there are some hyper-sensitive people around here who need to thicken their skin. I'd hate to see how they handle a real-life differences of opinion, sarcasm, dark humor, and confrontation.
Simulpost! Well, almost.
 
Back
Top