Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

how do you like the riverside? I’ve been thinking about getting one for a while

Absolutely love it. You can’t get a bad tone out of it either. Eventually I’ll use the Soleman to control that too. Highly recommend it.

Not enough to let Strymon advertise their name. :embarrassed:

Ha! My kids went apeshit with a big stack of stickers I ordered. You should see my tele and my laptop.

2D9AD701-7C33-46A5-85C4-EBDAFA4D64A8.jpeg

I forgot, the Riverside also has a built in noise gate. So, it offers two switchable drive settings (hundreds if you’re using MIDI), acts as a volume pedal if you connect an exp pedal, offers up to 5 dB boost if you connect a fav pedal to turn it on/off, and a great noise gate. Hell of a useful pedal that also happens to sound fantastic.

Come and give me the pedal you mean. Get an expression pedal and a trs cable!

I have an expression pedal and trs cable. I don’t know if I’d use it with a dirt pedal though. I bought it for the EL Cap, but don’t know if I’ve ever used it.

I have an expression pedal and trs cable. I don’t know if I’d use it with a dirt pedal though. I bought it for the EL Cap, but don’t know if I’ve ever used it.

The always on boost, noise gate, and volume pedal are handy.

The always on boost, noise gate, and volume pedal are handy.

It arrived today. I only played with it a few minutes, but it sounds fantastic. I'll probably get a favorite switch so I can use the boost. Do you know if you can use the boost by itself or does the drive have to be on?

It arrived today. I only played with it a few minutes, but it sounds fantastic. I'll probably get a favorite switch so I can use the boost. Do you know if you can use the boost by itself or does the drive have to be on?

That’s the great thing, boost, volume pedal, and noise gate work whether the drive is on or not

Start a thread, we can share settings

post holiday board:
IMG_5983.jpg

I'm going to order a favorite switch for the boost on the Riverside. When that comes, I'll slide the Polytune to the top of the board and put the favorite switch where the Polytune in now. I'll be using this with the Marshall, sometime this week, I'm going to put a board together for the Orange. The board for that will be pretty simple, probably just a tuner, boost, either the Hyper Metal or the Catapulp and the DD3 or the Big Ear Z-Delay. The Z-Delay won't be here until later in the week and a buddy has my DD-3. So once I have all that together, I'll figure it out.

DACA58FC-197D-4CAD-B61C-2F33DD871933.jpeg
Version 11. The L6 wireless unit has an asinine shape and is purely a luxury but it’ll stay for now. I swapped the muffuletta for a Source Audio LA Lady. With the SA Neuro Hub and desktop editor, I can get all sorts of gain/OD/fuzz out of the LA Lady to compliment the Riverside. Stickers applied to shield retina flaming LEDs.

The thingies I added to some of the foot switches are really handy (footy).

Just need a longer cable with elbows to connect the wireless unit to the tuner.

View attachment 52517 Version 11. The L6 wireless unit has an asinine shape and is purely a luxury but it’ll stay for now. I swapped the muffuletta for a Source Audio LA Lady. With the SA Neuro Hub and desktop editor, I can get all sorts of gain/OD/fuzz out of the LA Lady to compliment the Riverside. Stickers applied to shield retina flaming LEDs.

The thingies I added to some of the foot switches are really handy (footy).

Just need a longer cable with elbows to connect the wireless unit to the tuner.

How do you like the Source Audio stuff? I bought their phaser and couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Maybe the editor could have made it sound good, but that isn't for me, if I can't get there by twisting knobs, its gone.

The nemesis and ventris are on par with Strymon for amazing tone. I think SA outperforms Strymon in the diversity of great sounds you can get AND they have far superior preset storage, especially compared to a small box Strymon (8 on board, hundreds with MIDI or the neuro hardware).

I wouldn’t bother with the LA Lady or the Vertigo Trem unless you’re using neuro. Each pedal offers a few engines on its own but when connected to neuro you get dozens of engines including from other pedals in the same effect type. So the LA Lady does a few dirt effects on its own but over 25 I think with neuro. And some of them are great.

SA needs to advertise this better because the available features and easy switching system offered by neuro hub plus the soleman are fantastic IMHO.

Blows Line6 away and far more user and pedalboard friendly than Strymon.

I picked up a Mojohand 1979 op amp muff. It kills. But it’s also big so had to tweak the board. Also, I couldn’t get the Trio to cooperate, so trying the...beat buddy. :) Got the footswitch too for wicked cymbal action.

04B9A6D9-53C6-4185-A30E-EFEABBFE9F30.jpeg
880D8C58-5FFC-4F16-8810-6666805DFACB.jpeg
35DCD2EC-C718-438B-AC39-9F0F3DC37CA1.jpeg
30AD8166-E614-481A-980C-DE2347822E57.jpeg

Back