Achtung! The Official April Recordingfest Thread - "The Year You Were Born"

As the deadline is approaching a bit too soon, I might have to resort to a live recording. :embarrassed:
But hopefully a studio cut sometime over the easter holiday, unless something comes up. :wink:
 
I'm having a hard time choosing a song. I've narrowed it down to about four, but am pretty indecisive, especially since I don't have much time this weekend to get it done. My Ensemble will be here tomorrow though :love: so I've gotta do SOMETHING.
 
ok. I picked a song. I'm a little surprised but it seems to fit me as long as my voice is back in shape enough to pull it off in time...
 
I picked my song too... it's not quite Mo short, but it's getting there. :embarrassed:

Now if FedEx would bring me my goddamn interface... :annoyed:
 
I picked my song too... it's not quite Mo short, but it's getting there. :embarrassed:

Now if FedEx would bring me my goddamn interface... :annoyed:

:embarrassed:...the song we've picked is quite short as it happens. Thankfully. Over 2.30 and we get dizzy. :embarrassed:
 
I love it when people get gear crippled. As if your stuff sounded like shit before or something. sheesh.....

I'd say "Wake Up" is the closest I've gotten to a good sound, and there's still some stuff that really bothers me. Plus this interface will let me record at home, instead of at work, a luxury I didn't have as often in the old apartment.
 
I guess if your trying to sound pro then okay.

I'm just happy if it sounds good,, < By that I mean better than the boom box recordings of yore.
 
I guess if your trying to sound pro then okay.

I'm just happy if it sounds good,, < By that I mean better than the boom box recordings of yore.

What's sounding pro? :shrug: By modern standards Meet The Beatles doesn't sound like the professional music today, but it still sounds great. I'm just trying to get a little better each time.
 
I'm just on a quest to make a recording with as little as possible that makes the others sound like chump chowder.

Prages and Micwalt keep spoiling my plan's with their blasted thing called "Raw Talent".

Damnit!!
 
Hm. I have a list of tunes written during my birth year here. I might be able to do something after all. Something HORRIFYING.
 
Hmm, '62 (albeit late '62). Not a ton to choose from but I found one if I have time to record something worth submitting. I may have some backing track involved. I will avoid "Moon River" though.
 
I think we're done. Just going to listen with fresh ears tomorrow..:embarrassed:....This was a LOT of fun to do. :)
 
Song? Check.

Style? Check.

Recording interface working as planned? Check.

Talent and practice? ???

Profit! :embarrassed:
 
I recorded vocals tonite. They're pretty good considering the source. :facepalm:

I did a rough mix too, but I don't trust my ears after working for a couple of hours, so I'll do a double check tomorrow. There's a second song I'd like to do, but I don't know if I'll get around to it. I've got one in for sure though. :)
 
I think my mix is final except for vocals. And I may do some ghost voices behind the "EVIL,,,EVIL,,,, No Bubbles Sharon!!!........." interlude in the song.

Just waiting on Vocals. And a final full volume monitoring session.
 
I actually played the bass part for the first time ever. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to the bass part but I played it. My RP355 has a bass setting so my guitar is detuned like it is a bass. I am sure it isnt the best sounding bass in the world, and it most certainly wasnt the most complicated bass line ever, but I played it.

Now I have to re-do some vocals and see if I can make it sound presentable. As always, it is turning out to be harder to sing than I thought it would. Good experience either way.
 
I think my mix is final except for vocals. And I may do some ghost voices behind the "EVIL,,,EVIL,,,, No Bubbles Sharon!!!........." interlude in the song.

Just waiting on Vocals. And a final full volume monitoring session.

I plan to get the vocals done this evening. I may not get them to you until tomorrow evening though. Cross your fingers for tonight.
 
Back
Top