The Line 6 HX Stomp

Bit underwhelmed by the HXFX. The Helix LT is a big step up. Both can produce the same effects and amps but the LT is much better suited for me for ease of use and it has a lot more processing power. And a built in expression pedal makes for one less thing to set up and lug around.

Like new HXFX for sale!
 
I'm torn between the HX Stomp and the Headrush Gigboard. I've checked out many demos of each, and both sound terrific. I like the smaller size of the Stomp, but I'm attracted to the layout/touchscreen/five more blocks/one more switch of the Headrush.
Plus the Headrush is a little cheaper. I usually ask myself, "What would Pete Thorn do?" I know he's a Helix user, and he did a great demo of the Stomp. However, his demo of the full-sized Headrush Pedalboard is nothing short of inspiring.
I don't know what to do.
 
I'm torn between the HX Stomp and the Headrush Gigboard. I've checked out many demos of each, and both sound terrific. I like the smaller size of the Stomp, but I'm attracted to the layout/touchscreen/five more blocks/one more switch of the Headrush.
Plus the Headrush is a little cheaper. I usually ask myself, "What would Pete Thorn do?" I know he's a Helix user, and he did a great demo of the Stomp. However, his demo of the full-sized Headrush Pedalboard is nothing short of inspiring.
I don't know what to do.

Pete Thorn would go with Line6 instead of the company that keeps copying them, and is one of the reasons the L6 guys on TGP are tight lipped about any future plans, no matter how small.
 
The demos for both the HX Stomp and the Headrush Gigboard both sound quite good. I'm now gassing for the HX Stomp as an all-in-one, headphone-connected, late night practice tool. Seems like the Gigboard has a better screen and is a bit easier to create patches, while the HX Stomp has a lot more effects and amp models and is cheaper.
 
Pete Thorn would go with Line6 instead of the company that keeps copying them, and is one of the reasons the L6 guys on TGP are tight lipped about any future plans, no matter how small.

Probably right, though he was quite taken with the full-sized Headrush when he did that demo.

The demos for both the HX Stomp and the Headrush Gigboard both sound quite good. I'm now gassing for the HX Stomp as an all-in-one, headphone-connected, late night practice tool. Seems like the Gigboard has a better screen and is a bit easier to create patches, while the HX Stomp has a lot more effects and amp models and is cheaper.

Oops, you're right! The Stomp is cheaper. I do love the Gigboard's touchscreen, though, but do I really need eleven blocks?
 
Oops, you're right! The Stomp is cheaper. I do love the Gigboard's touchscreen, though, but do I really need eleven blocks?

Seems like somewhere between six and 11 would be perfect. The Line 6's six seems a bit skimpy and the Gigboard's 11 seems excessive.
 
I tried out HXFX today. It does everything I want it to do and it sounds fantastic. While it's smaller than I thought it would be, it's still bigger than I'd like. OTOH, HX Stomp can be used as an interface, which I need, has a ton of amp models and IRs, which I would absolutely use, and is the same size as my Pitchfactor. And it has the effects loop my GT-1 doesn't so I can easily integrate it into my board instead of keeping it off-board.

:banana:
So, 'splain to me the main difference between this and say, the M9, other than newer and better?
 
So, 'splain to me the main difference between this and say, the M9, other than newer and better?

The M9 is more comparable to HX Effects, which has everything from the M9 plus new stuff. Stomp is a mini Helix with amp models, usb interface, and more. (It also has everything from the M series.) Both only use one processor instead of the full sized Helix’ two, and remove features in different ways. Personally, I’d rather have Stomp.
 
I’m pretty sure you can use IRs with HXFX, but there’s no stock models.
You are correct, sir. I just checked the manual, and it says you can load up to 128 IRs. That would make it the perfect choice for use with an amp and a reactive load.
 
You are correct, sir. I just checked the manual, and it says you can load up to 128 IRs. That would make it the perfect choice for use with an amp and a reactive load.

Yep. That’s it’s intent. Use a pedal or two with it and go. Stomp is a micro-rig, interface, and a more robust H9 for your board.
 
For lead guitar dood in The Obscure80's had an M9. It did a decent job, but his pedal board always sounded better.
 
just heard that Bill from Mastodon is now using a helix. that's pretty sweet. hopefully they release his sig friedman on the next update.
 
Back
Top