The Line 6 HX Stomp

Cool!
Keep us posted.

Yeah, well it should be delivered today, but I will probably not even crack it open until Sunday night - I have some training for work the next week, so I will be spending some hotel time at night getting into this thing :cool:
 
Aw crap! I was all in on buying the Stomp, but Pete did a Gigboard demo yesterday. It sounds incredible, and I gotta say that I really love the touchscreen and layout of the Gigboard. I think recording workflow would be much smoother and quicker with that unit.
I may have to buy them both and send back the one I like least.
 
Aw crap! I was all in on buying the Stomp, but Pete did a Gigboard demo yesterday. It sounds incredible, and I gotta say that I really love the touchscreen and layout of the Gigboard. I think recording workflow would be much smoother and quicker with that unit.
I may have to buy them both and send back the one I like least.

I actually would have preferred the GB, but I wanted something before my trip, and the GB was still OOS before the HXS, so...anyway, the HXS will be much more portable for my needs, and I’m sure I’ll dig it; then again, if it confounds the crap out of my rapidly aging brain, I may have to do a switcheroo down the line.
 
I received my HX Stomp last night. I didn't get a lot of time to play with it, but it looks like a fun and useful tool. It'll work really well for my main purpose -- to serve as a headphone amp for quiet practice and noodling. In a pedalboard setting, I can see it replacing several pedals.

Some little issues: It's not super intuitive. You need to RTFM. Some of the presets are pretty weird and useless, but that's ok since you can create hundreds of your own. And the layout of the connection jacks is a bit odd. For example, the guitar connection is on the top side, not the right side. But those are minor nitpicks.
 
I received my HX Stomp last night. I didn't get a lot of time to play with it, but it looks like a fun and useful tool. It'll work really well for my main purpose -- to serve as a headphone amp for quiet practice and noodling. In a pedalboard setting, I can see it replacing several pedals.

Some little issues: It's not super intuitive. You need to RTFM. Some of the presets are pretty weird and useless, but that's ok since you can create hundreds of your own. And the layout of the connection jacks is a bit odd. For example, the guitar connection is on the top side, not the right side. But those are minor nitpicks.
For some reason, the presets on most multi-fx units seem to be pretty useless. Not sure why that is. You'd think they'd want you to have a good experience out of the box instead of having to fiddle with patches before you decide if you like it. :shrug:

HNPD, btw. :thu:
 
I received my HX Stomp last night. I didn't get a lot of time to play with it, but it looks like a fun and useful tool. It'll work really well for my main purpose -- to serve as a headphone amp for quiet practice and noodling. In a pedalboard setting, I can see it replacing several pedals.

Some little issues: It's not super intuitive. You need to RTFM. Some of the presets are pretty weird and useless, but that's ok since you can create hundreds of your own. And the layout of the connection jacks is a bit odd. For example, the guitar connection is on the top side, not the right side. But those are minor nitpicks.

It follows the same form as the other Helix products. If anything, the weird part is the TRS jacks on the right side for the loops and external controllers, and the midi connections on the left. That said, one thing I'm considering is the Morningstar MC6, so I could control each block in pedalboard mode, or assign other functions.

a21442_95619e22648449f4bd70fc716a715f9b~mv2_d_6000_3662_s_4_2.jpg
 
My HX Stomp plan has hit a snag. The arpeggiator waveforms on the Pitchfactor are super cool, and nowhere to be found on the Helix, at least that I can tell. It does a ton of other cool things though. I guess I'll stick to my plan and wait until the next major updates are announced.
 
Back
Top