Harley rant . . .

Purposely loud Harleys are the two wheel equivalent of giant, lifted trucks... compensation for inadequate "manhood".

Sent from Crab Nebulae via reverse engineered alien technology
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
I would rather hear the roar of thunder from a group of Harleys than the buzz of a swarm of ricers. I live right along a highway that is famous for motorcycling in the bay area, and deal with packs of motorcycles every weekend. I prefer the sounds of Billy Badass to Rickey Racer. YMMV. The racers tend to be followed by the sounds of the fire department responding to an injury accident. Seriously, 3-4 times each weekend day, some asshat stuffs himself into the side of the mountain if he's lucky, and the front end of a car if he isn't.

My road, every day it isn't raining



Both groups are equally annoying. Both types of bikes should STFU already.
 
I ride a Honda (1100). It sounds like a Honda. It's transportation, not a lifestyle. I do go for rides with friends, so riding is also recreational. Loud bikes don't bother me, but it ain't my thing.

We went to bike week in Laconia, NH last year for a day (I posted a thread about here). I have to say, it was pretty frieakin' fun. It would probably bother me if I lived there, but I would imagine it brings bucket loads of money to the region.
 
My pipes aren't that loud,it's a toanz thing. Harley riders can be annoying,but not as bad as the asshole Tour the France cunt . They are a menace.
 
ko4z6Iah.jpg


From a 1953 review of the movie "The Wild One"...


"... Its main appeal would seem to be to those lawless juveniles who may well be inspired to go out and emulate the characters portrayed."


http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/wild-one-1953-review-959962
 
I would rather hear the roar of thunder from a group of Harleys than the buzz of a swarm of ricers. I live right along a highway that is famous for motorcycling in the bay area, and deal with packs of motorcycles every weekend. I prefer the sounds of Billy Badass to Rickey Racer. YMMV. The racers tend to be followed by the sounds of the fire department responding to an injury accident. Seriously, 3-4 times each weekend day, some asshat stuffs himself into the side of the mountain if he's lucky, and the front end of a car if he isn't.

My road, every day it isn't raining


It could be worse. They could be "lane splitting/filtering", too :embarrassed:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
It could be worse. They could be "lane splitting/filtering", too :embarrassed:
Fwiw, lane splitting or filtering is actually safer for the motorcyclist than sitting in a line of cars and reduces overall congestion. I know it pisses off people sitting in cars to see bikes moving past while they are stationary
 
Fwiw, lane splitting or filtering is actually safer for the motorcyclist than sitting in a line of cars and reduces overall congestion. I know it pisses off people sitting in cars to see bikes moving past while they are stationary
What pisses me off watching youtubers do it is when they post a video about how they aren't doing anything wrong, and they are doing 80 mph and traffic is going slow, then they get pissed off because someone up ahead of them tries to switch lanes and they (the lane splitter) is going so fast that the guy changing lanes gets in their way, accompanied by the motorcyclist flipping them off, kicking their mirror etc. when the car had the right to switch lanes.

I totally get lane splitting when traffic is stopped, or at a crawl, and the biker is only doing 5mph or so faster than the surrounding traffic. Anything else, and it's dangerous, imo. 99.9% of drivers, even when they are checking their mirrors prior to switching lanes, are looking at the lane beside them to see if it's clear. They aren't looking 'between' the lanes.
 
Fwiw, lane splitting or filtering is actually safer for the motorcyclist than sitting in a line of cars and reduces overall congestion. I know it pisses off people sitting in cars to see bikes moving past while they are stationary

No, it's annoying when they do it while you are traveling at the speed limit in traffic, which is constantly. I could give a shit when I am stopped.
 
No, it's annoying when they do it while you are traveling at the speed limit in traffic, which is constantly. I could give a shit when I am stopped.
If traffic is moving at speed then it's no longer filtering or splitting and it's illegal everywhere afaik
 
99.9% of drivers, even when they are checking their mirrors prior to switching lanes, are looking at the lane beside them to see if it's clear. They aren't looking 'between' the lanes.

As a motorcyclist, it is much easier to watch for an upcomming car changing lanes, with out the driver checking, and react while moving to avoid a collision than it is to deal with a vehicle behind you fail to stop and crushing you into the car ahead while you're stationary.
 
Devil's Advocate: Loud pipes are necessary not to sound cool, but so that other motorists are aware of here cyclists are.
This claim has been disproven. Loud pipes do not save lives. I have the motorcycle endorsement on my license, and have completed Motorcycle Safety Course.
 
Back
Top