Board, taking it all apart and starting over. Wanna help or comment?

ab90c0ff6e3bb32ce9b358dfedb112ef.jpg

Merely Galileo, first gen. in one possible set up just to try it out.
 
Ok, I am having too much dang fun must messing with the Catalinbread F.55 and going back and forth between the green or less hot setting, and the red setting (according to Howard Gee, it is like going back and forth from hotter and less hot preamp tubes in a 5E3 circuit), and then messing around with the pickups and volume on my HH strat, and occasionally stacking something else. I found a some settings where I can use both the hot and less hot setting, and also stack the Carcosa, or the Carcosa and the tubescreamer, or the RAT, though it seems like the Carcosa and the RAT should more be alternate flavors maybe, and starting to find all sorts of sounds. @jelloman 's little mini boost after all that is fun to mess with too and is nice on its own or after the other sounds are dialed in to add a little more oomph.

All while just leaving on some "analog" chorus and "spring" reverb from M9 and Polara respectively. Ok, this is getting fun.
 
Last edited:
Because it's a multieffects unit and they should all be burned at the stake? :grin:

Seems like the world is getting taken over by the Cylons or the Borg recently, what with the Helix.

I am still figuring out the old chrome first gen cylon, rather than the sexy new one.
 
Last night, I ended up messing more with an effect not on my board, the old 1961 Vibrato built into my amp. In connection with a little modulated reverb from the Polara, and then with that, and the Carcosa added to add some stormy flavor. Just fun to mess with. and at this point, still easier for me to try stuff with than digging into the M9, though I am not sure why. Seeing as I can think of the M9 as just groupings of 6 effects, 3 active, and 3 on standby, the knobs all located under the little LCD screen on the upper right.
 
You guys with these giant boards are making my 3-pedal pedalboard huddle in the corner in the fetal position.
Sure sign of a Dad hack. Huge boards, and inability to really use the gear they have to full potential. Holding up my hand here, in a sort of confession. But, I am learning.
 
I have been through too many boards and just get frustrated. I can't stand sideways pedals and I always ended up with one or two because I refuse to get a bigger board to accommodate them.
 
You guys with these giant boards are making my 3-pedal pedalboard huddle in the corner in the fetal position.

My one board has tuner-phaser-dirt-reverb-dealy. Other board, tuner-boost-delay. Went and jammed at my neighbor's the other night, guitar->amp. Used a clip on tuner.
 
Ive got a couple of big homemade boards with multiple power supplies and wet/dry or stereo capability.
But for a gig, Ive never used more than 2-4 pedals w/adapters or a One Spot.
At home lately I've ditched the big board into multiple amps thing for much smaller and simpler set ups matched to 3-4 different amps. Just play the one that I feel like. The big crazy rig is fun for a while, but there's something to be said for simplicity.
 
Ive got a couple of big homemade boards with multiple power supplies and wet/dry or stereo capability.
But for a gig, Ive never used more than 2-4 pedals w/adapters or a One Spot.
At home lately I've ditched the big board into multiple amps thing for much smaller and simpler set ups matched to 3-4 different amps. Just play the one that I feel like. The big crazy rig is fun for a while, but there's something to be said for simplicity.
I am going for the big experiment and exploration this year, and figured now, headed into covid winter, with lots of at home time, would be a good time to start.

So, using the PedalstarGalactica for the large experiments involving stacks of types of effects, and to test them all one at a time like Howie said earlier in the thread, and then the ColonialShuttleboard for smaller combinations, and also to end up being populated with stuff that just works better with C-30.

I am betting that ends up being a loud, simple, noisy board for the most part. Instant Crazy Horse, Instant Cobain, etc. DS-1 into Small Clone, etc. But again, I need to resist running on instinct and work my experiments and let the data developed and revealed inform the decisions.

Ultimately, I could see the larger board losing a couple pieces that can be covered in the M9, for a simpler chain.
 
Back
Top