Artemis 1 Launch

It's so big you can see it from space! :embarrassed:

https://www.space.com/nasa-artemis-1-moon-rocket-satellite-photos-maxar

au239TywAqp9wbDAU7QSFd-1920-80.jpeg.webp
 
Man I’m psyched about this! I was starting to think we wouldn’t get back to the moon in my lifetime.

GO ARTEMIS!

:hotwing:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
Enjoy. It’s over 1 billion dollars per launch for the first 4.

You known the Saturn 5 was built with a slide rule.
 
Enjoy the trip and hopefully the launch.
Of the 76 STS missions I've supported, I've never seen a launch. I was once nominated for a Silver Snoopy (prevented a launch abort situation at T-6 minutes) and the launch trip it comes with, but NASA didn't like that I broke a rule to do it.
 
Enjoy the trip and hopefully the launch.
Of the 76 STS missions I've supported, I've never seen a launch. I was once nominated for a Silver Snoopy (prevented a launch abort situation at T-6 minutes) and the launch trip it comes with, but NASA didn't like that I broke a rule to do it.

kobayashi maru ??
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
They'll have plenty of cameras beaming back amazing footage of the moon from orbit, right????

I hope the crew that is next to land on the moon (2025?) are able to do something to prove they're actually there to shut up all the denier morons. I know a giant "Fuck you guys" neon sign would be slightly impractical.
 
Last edited:
Being only an hour north we get good views but being there would be amazing.
My brother lives in St. Augustine and he has a great view from his house.

I was at a friend's place in cocoa beach for a delta launch ages ago and it was an awesome experience. Hanging out in the pool at night & you could feel it shaking everything, including you, when it launched.
 
Next window is Sept 2 if they’re ready and the weather cooperates. My kids are happy that the launch might interrupt the school day if it happens Friday.
 
Back
Top