Artemis 1 Launch

Steverino

NO VACANCY
Hey y'all!

The Artemis 1 launch is scheduled a week from today, August 29th. In my amateur opinion, the odds are against a first attempt in the first window so many things can scrub it, including tropical weather now moving across the Gulf Coast in perfect timing to be right over FL on Monday. Of course, but it is August in the SE USA.

I was one of two to be selected by the SSC Center Director to go to KSC, all expenses paid. Cross your fingers!
 
Hey y'all!

The Artemis 1 launch is scheduled a week from today, August 29th. In my amateur opinion, the odds are against a first attempt in the first window so many things can scrub it, including tropical weather now moving across the Gulf Coast in perfect timing to be right over FL on Monday. Of course, but it is August in the SE USA.

I was one of two to be selected by the SSC Center Director to go to KSC, all expenses paid. Cross your fingers!
Very cool! I'm only an hour north of KSC. Never been to a launch and I don't know why. Probably because I don't want to drive 2 hours round trip and have it scrubbed.
 
Very cool! I'm only an hour north of KSC. Never been to a launch and I don't know why. Probably because I don't want to drive 2 hours round trip and have it scrubbed.
I'm going with that already in mind. See some sights, and if we get to see it go, it'll be the cherry on top :)
 
Yeah this is an exciting mission! Going back to the moon and all, even though there will be no astronauts along for this one.

That's cool you get to go @Steverino - I hope any countdown-stopping glitches are easily resolved so you don't have to go home without having seen it.
 
hey Steve :Wave:

it's cool that you are getting to go to KSC.
i've been there once, a long time ago, and only as a tourist.
 
768a20e5-341b-413c-9973-f55f9c41eb5d_text.gif
 
Very cool! I'm only an hour north of KSC. Never been to a launch and I don't know why. Probably because I don't want to drive 2 hours round trip and have it scrubbed.


At my brother’s first wedding, we saw a space shuttle launch from Jacksonville Beach. We were at the rehearsal dinner and someone noticed it so we all piled out of the restaurant to see it. I was kinda surprised you could see it so well from there.
 
At my brother’s first wedding, we saw a space shuttle launch from Jacksonville Beach. We were at the rehearsal dinner and someone noticed it so we all piled out of the restaurant to see it. I was kinda surprised you could see it so well from there.
Being only an hour north we get good views but being there would be amazing.
My brother lives in St. Augustine and he has a great view from his house.
 
Being only an hour north we get good views but being there would be amazing.
My brother lives in St. Augustine and he has a great view from his house.

The closest I’ve been was on the beach in Melbourne. That was pretty cool. I just thought it was pretty crazy we could see it from Jax Beach.
 
The closest I’ve been was on the beach in Melbourne. That was pretty cool. I just thought it was pretty crazy we could see it from Jax Beach.
Yeah. When I lived in Jax we didn't see many because we lived in Mandarin and there were way too many trees.
Those things make a huge fire light. I remember watching Challenger in 4th grade from Tampa! It was small but we definitely knew what happened.
 
:jam:

My only nitpick is the finish, not diggin' that rusty orange. Maybe in Pelham blue or even a tobacco burst...
Lol! Even a nice seafoam green would make for a nice touch but that or the Pelham blue might get lost in the sky at launch. Wine red?
 
IIRC the first Space Shuttle launch in 1981 they painted the main engine tank white, but they realized how much weight they could save without it, so now we get that rust color from the foam insulation.
 
Back
Top