I wish I could help, but I can't. I don't know much about what's out there in either the high gain, or the super low wattage arena. I know that most of the under 5 watt amps are non-master volume and low gain, though I think that a few of the newer ones are starting to get into the channel switching thing now too.
I've heard great things about these:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...eries-HT5H-5W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=483560
I've never actually heard one though, so I don't know how gainy it can get.
there are plenty of Mesa Boogie amps out there that fit the bill. the ones in production right now are the Express 5:25 or 5:50. here are some worthy predecessors:
Subway Rocket
DC-2, 3, Studio Caliber
F-30
there's also the Soldano Astroverb.
how much were you looking to spend, and how much did you think you could get for your 5150?
I didnt think combos would be over a grand. Sheesh. I figured for the 5150 just from looking on ebay I would get anywhere from 700 to 850.
just because an amp is combo doesn't mean its inexpensive. ask Mark what he paid for his Top Hat.
also, you should definitely be looking at the used market. you're selling an amp, why pay new prices?
Chihli, before you buy anything, stop over. I'll try to get a teh brootalz clip for you right now, hold on.
just because an amp is combo doesn't mean its inexpensive. ask Mark what he paid for his Top Hat.
also, you should definitely be looking at the used market. you're selling an amp, why pay new prices?
You also don't need a channel switching amp to sound metulz.
That MI audio tube zone rules in the top clip...the Zvex stuff I didn't enjoy as much....
