WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO......RIGHT NOW......Mk III

moe.

They were/are one of the better jam bands to my ears. They have fun with the music and have good grooves. Started following them on Insta and a post popped up playing one of their tunes and realized it's been way too long since I listened to them.

Good stuff.

Going back to my college days. Been many years since I spun this, but the whole thing is on Youtube. Not a bad track on it, IMO.

Hands down, the best song about a woman who makes a living shooting ping pong balls from her privates.

Badlands was one of my fav bands and still is for that style of music. Loved every part of the band and Ray's singing especially...I was shocked to hear the stories that he was apparently HIV+ and swearing that he wasn't while banging everything that he could. I read that you can't buy those albums anymore due to lawsuits against him. Online stuff has a way of piling up so I don't know where truth and fiction stops but I had read that Ray even had a fake HIV test paper that he showed people. Crazy sht.

Badlands was one of my fav bands and still is for that style of music. Loved every part of the band and Ray's singing especially...I was shocked to hear the stories that he was apparently HIV+ and swearing that he wasn't while banging everything that he could. I read that you can't buy those albums anymore due to lawsuits against him. Online stuff has a way of piling up so I don't know where truth and fiction stops but I had read that Ray even had a fake HIV test paper that he showed people. Crazy sht.
I saw them twice. Once for the Badlands album tour, then their Vodoo Highway tour. Epic shows. They covered a Humble Pie tune which was very cool.
Ray Gillen was incredible. He was a Hard Driver.
Such a shame. Jake E Lee has a very distinct style. I have both albums on cd.
Ohh, stick it!

Last edited:
Back