Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

Board rebuild! Here is the layout for now... I have way too many drive pedals... Bottom right space is for an external tap tempo and control switch for the DD-500.
IMG_20170209_125445.jpg

This has been an endeavor because I have to rebuild all of the cables into straight barrel.

Board rebuild! Here is the layout for now... I have way too many drive pedals... Bottom right space is for an external tap tempo and control switch for the DD-500.View attachment 31889

This has been an endeavor because I have to rebuild all of the cables into straight barrel.

That's a lot of dirt there. I love the octa-switch.

There might be too much.

If you have the room, no need to ditch any until you get something else to put on there. With the switcher, it isn't like they are going to suck your tone when they are off. I've been know to over do the dirt pedals, but I think I have gotten better (or worse depending on your point of view :grin:). I am really interested in that Hornet. The Stinger thing is super cool.

As it is today...

38f545526daa4d0020560d9f41de4d5d.jpg

Tokai Compressor - Boss Noise Gate - Boss MT2 - Digitech Hot Head - Joyo Analog Chorus - Boss BF2 Flanger - Joyo Quattro Delay - Aria AD10 Analog Dely

Then out to the mighty JC-77!

63e36e29644db9640a2bf868085fbf14.jpg

The latest version of the big board...

The DLS showed up yesterday, and it only took about 30 seconds of side by side with the Pinnacle to decide...the Pinnacle does that "scooped mids" tone while the DLS is more of a JCM800 hit rodded sound and is more in line with my playing style...the OCD is more of the mid hump sound so while that are both set up at a pretty high level of gain they give me 2 totally different sounds...

The Hot Tubes sucks as a stand alone fuzz but if you stack it in front of the Klone it gives you that glorious "ripped speaker" sound...

The debate now comes down to choosing between the flanger, chorus, and phaser to fill the 2 available slots...I'd put all 3 on but I'm out of 9 volt taps on the power supply so it comes down to 2 of 3 or taking the Hot Tubes back off...right now I'm liking the way it's set up but that may change...

The latest version of the big board...

The DLS showed up yesterday, and it only took about 30 seconds of side by side with the Pinnacle to decide...the Pinnacle does that "scooped mids" tone while the DLS is more of a JCM800 hit rodded sound and is more in line with my playing style...the OCD is more of the mid hump sound so while that are both set up at a pretty high level of gain they give me 2 totally different sounds...

The Hot Tubes sucks as a stand alone fuzz but if you stack it in front of the Klone it gives you that glorious "ripped speaker" sound...

The debate now comes down to choosing between the flanger, chorus, and phaser to fill the 2 available slots...I'd put all 3 on but I'm out of 9 volt taps on the power supply so it comes down to 2 of 3 or taking the Hot Tubes back off...right now I'm liking the way it's set up but that may change...

Did you try the Super Bass mode on the DLS?

My philosophy of the purpose of the small board has completely changed...I'm now using it as my practice board, and have it set up to meet the demands of what Mark is asking of me...there is no way to keep up with him without a looper...the freeze pedal has been sitting in my pedal tote for awhile now and it should be quite useful as well...

f7500458ef9b91e6bbeecd1745b6fa6c.jpg

This is a friend of mine's stuff.

SHE uses all of this stuff regularly.

Now, go hang your heads in shame.

My philosophy of the purpose of the small board has completely changed...I'm now using it as my practice board, and have it set up to meet the demands of what Mark is asking of me...there is no way to keep up with him without a looper...the freeze pedal has been sitting in my pedal tote for awhile now and it should be quite useful as well...

How are you using you're soul food? I just put mine on my small board as a low gain pedal. But I'm wondering if it would be more useful as a clean boost and maybe I should look into a different low gain pedal?

How are you using you're soul food? I just put mine on my small board as a low gain pedal. But I'm wondering if it would be more useful as a clean boost and maybe I should look into a different low gain pedal?
As a low gain...it also stacks well with the OD Glove...

I used it as a clean boost in the past, and it acquitted itself very well on that role as well...

My biggest issue with it is it's very finicky about how you power it...

As a low gain...it also stacks well with the OD Glove...

I used it as a clean boost in the past, and it acquitted itself very well on that role as well...

My biggest issue with it is it's very finicky about how you power it...
How so about powering it? Right now I'm using a cheapie Donner isolated power block. No issues that I've encountered yet.

Back