Pets of Wein

Posted this before, but still one of my faves of Cubby The Dog:

9DE22090-5E5B-42AD-9D16-D624CE7B8989.jpeg

Bear Feb 1.jpg

Bear Feb 3.jpg
Bear Feb 4.jpg
Bear Feb 2.jpg

This is my good boy, Little Bear. Snapped those pics on our walk this afternoon.

And this is my girl, Poppy. She passed away a while back. Unfortunately little hamsters like her only live for a couple of years. She was so tame, she used to sit on Little Bear's back.

Photo0281.jpg

I had a hamster that lived to around 4 when I was a teenager. Still think about him from time to time.

He escaped his cage one night, we only found out because Jazz, our daft old lurcher, was sniffing around the back of the telly when we got up that morning. Still not sure wether he was directing us to the hamster or he wanted breakfast :embarrassed:

View attachment 64435

View attachment 64436 View attachment 64437 View attachment 64438

This is my good boy, Little Bear. Snapped those pics on our walk this afternoon.

And this is my girl, Poppy. She passed away a while back. Unfortunately little hamsters like her only live for a couple of years. She was so tame, she used to sit on Little Bear's back.

View attachment 64439

Full Chow Chow? The dog that is my avatar was part chow part yellow lab (yellow lab nose/colour and eating habits, chow tongue) named Violet. Best dog ever

Full Chow Chow? The dog that is my avatar was part chow part yellow lab (yellow lab nose/colour and eating habits, chow tongue) named Violet. Best dog ever

A Chabrador! Violet looks like a beautiful dog. Was she Chow Chow wary of strangers, or did she have the 'HELLO FRIEND!' labrador thing?

Little Bear is mostly Chow Chow, but he's got some other spitz-type dog mixed in too.

Chow Chows get such a bad rep. Okay, I would never recommend one as a first-time dog, but my boy is so loving, loyal, and smart. He is my best friend.

I don't know if it's happening elsewhere but near daily on social media there's local reports of people trying to steal dogs when folk are out walking. Prices have sky rocketed since lockdown so they're a valuable commodity and it doesn't seem to just be elderly of females they're going for now either. :(

I wasn't concerned because Lola is always on a lead except one little secluded fenced in area near us but in the past week I've seen stories of people being attacked and the assailant physically trying to take the dog off of them.

Watch yourselves out there.

View attachment 64439

A magnificent beast! I’ve found that hamsters basically either become super tame or remain bitey jerks with little in-between. It is sad that small pets only live a few years, but they can make good companions. We currently have gerbils which are like bougie luxury mice.

A Chabrador! Violet looks like a beautiful dog. Was she Chow Chow wary of strangers, or did she have the 'HELLO FRIEND!' labrador thing?

Little Bear is mostly Chow Chow, but he's got some other spitz-type dog mixed in too.

Chow Chows get such a bad rep. Okay, I would never recommend one as a first-time dog, but my boy is so loving, loyal, and smart. He is my best friend.

She was more lab in meeting people though not complete the "oh my god how are you I love you" that some labs are. Once when we had contractors working at the house one left the door open and she went to a walk. I came home and asked the guy where my dog was and he was like " oh she walked out a half hour ago"...I was like WTF and ran to the park up the street (figuring that's where she'd go). She was with some lady neither of us knew and the lady was just about to take her home since she was such a nice dog lol.

A magnificent beast! I’ve found that hamsters basically either become super tame or remain bitey jerks with little in-between. It is sad that small pets only live a few years, but they can make good companions. We currently have gerbils which are like bougie luxury mice.

Horatio the guinea pig was, by consensus vote, the best pet we ever had. He was chill, loved beer, and let us know when he had to go. We had him for about seven years.

Gerbils are great. I've been surprised at what good companions rodents are. Rats were the biggest surprise, they're almost like a dog.

I don't know if it's happening elsewhere but near daily on social media there's local reports of people trying to steal dogs when folk are out walking. Prices have sky rocketed since lockdown so they're a valuable commodity and it doesn't seem to just be elderly of females they're going for now either. :(

I wasn't concerned because Lola is always on a lead except one little secluded fenced in area near us but in the past week I've seen stories of people being attacked and the assailant physically trying to take the dog off of them.

Watch yourselves out there.

Jeezus. :facepalm:

Shouldn’t be surprised I guess - there are evil ****s out there who will steal your children, why not your dog too?

Back