Words that you absolutely cannot stand to hear

You know that sound, sort of like a hum that is supposed to mean a snarky, "yeah, right? "mmmm HMm"

My wife has picked that up lately. I think she knows it pushes my buttons.
 
Not tonight, I have a headache. :(

Seriously, I dislike using the phrase "How did that make you feel" and have never used it in 15 years of clinical practice. I dislike "think outside the box" because it is now such an inside the box phrase. Using the phrase "it is a no brainer" makes me think the person used no brain power in coming up with that statement. I also dislike the word "hate." :embarrassed:
 
Honorable mentions for words that just sound fucking stoopid and I wish we could change:

Duty
Pudding
Goiter
Ointment
Squirt
 
NOTHING irritates me more than hearing all that business-book catchphrase bullshit.

I know it's an actual "technique" (although one of many that have duped companies out of millions over the years), but:

"Six Sigma".

Even worse, someone who is a "Six Sigma ____ Belt". :annoyed:

I've been totally wrapped up in a Six Sigma off-shoot for the past year.
Meeting after meeting after meeting.
 
Going for the low hanging fruit I see :tongue:

I hate any corporate acronym like CRM, SERP, ROI etc

Acronyms might actually be worse. I work for a government agency so there's a hell of a lot of those. But these make me want to punch a kitten:

going forward
drill-down
Reach out
leverage
stakeholders
dive deeper
competencies
synergy
bring to the table
think outside the box
positive momentum
touch points
paradigm shift
game-changing
value added
 
Back
Top