What are you listening to this week?

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I've been cramming blues tunes for a gig next week. Also since I've gotten the temporary new car and it has SiriusXM in it I've been listening to the BB King Bluesville station and Howard Stern :embarrassed:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
I've been on an Imelda May kick since first hearing her in that article someone posted about 30 blue artists to watch. I've bought two of her albums and downloaded several live songs from YouTube. I never paid much attention to rockabilly before, but I kind of like it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
Don't remember the name, but the Band live recording that they compiled Rock of Ages from. I just picked up the complete CCR recordings from the library, so that's next up in the car stereo.
 
Been listening to a lot of Thin Lizzy lately. When they were on, they were ON! :love:

And Phil Lynott, besides his vocals, must be one of the most underrrated bassplayers ever
 
Been listening to a lot of Thin Lizzy lately. When they were on, they were ON! :love:

And Phil Lynott, besides his vocals, must be one of the most underrrated bassplayers ever

But not the Sinner version? :tongue:



I'm listening to Dio-era Black Sabbath.

Though speaking of Thin Lizzy, I'm wondering if there's an acoustic version of Don't Believe a Word out there somewhere. I've been learning more acoustic songs lately, stuff to play around the campfire if I could ever remember lyrics :embarrassed:
 
Johnny Cash - Out Among the Stars
Lake Street Dive - Bad Self Portraits
Nicole Atkins - Slow Phaser
Lydia Loveless - Somewhere Else
Seasick Steve - I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left
 
Johnny Cash - Out Among the Stars
Lake Street Dive - Bad Self Portraits
Nicole Atkins - Slow Phaser
Lydia Loveless - Somewhere Else
Seasick Steve - I Started Out With Nothin And I Still Got Most Of It Left

Do you recommend the Cash?
 
Do you recommend the Cash?

I like about half the songs so far. I'll give it between 3.5 and 4 stars out of 5. He was sounding pretty good at the time since he was fresh out of rehab in '83. Listening to the 30 second samples on Amazon gives a taste so I'd start there.
 
Back
Top