Achtung! The September Punk Recordingfest REVEAL!!!

Johnny N, right on, way to unpunkify... You might want to record a little hotter next time... I have to crank the volume to hear... Aside from that, you pulled the tune off well... :thu:
 
Emergency: Very nice on all production and performance. the vocals don't seem to be in the same place or something though somehow. But they sound good as usual.

Better Man: Wow, I had to turn my speakers way up before I realised there was something playing at first. Was this live? Not bad.

Real Wild Child: Pretty nice, though the canned Hi-hat is a bit too out front for my taste. Other than that everything has it's place. Good vocals.

Candy Man: :grin: great job. Maybe the Vox were a little bassy. But still alot of fun.

Rock this town: I wish I could let my vocals just crack like that. Damn landlords upstairs and kids on vacation. :(
 
Peeker, well, now I want to do a real punk tune! Great stuff... Of course, I already knew that, because I got to hear them already... :)
 
Jeremy, I like the instrumental, at least... Nicely done... Maybe someone can track some vocals for you, as you mentioned... :thu:

Wilmer X, well this is some groovy acid jazz punk... I dig it! Far out...

Prages and Mrs. P, great job... As usual, Prages whips these together like a pro... Paula, vocals sound really good...
Prages, nice job on Sedated... Always a cool tune... Diggin Pepper, too! Gotta love the Butthole Surfers... Great tune!
 
I'm at the vet with Gins, but will listen when we get home. :thu:

At least the vet is a smokin' hottie...


---
- Sent from my iPhone at a Tijuana donkey show.
 
Sorry about the low volume. I havent been recording much and put it together quick. I was monitoring at plenty of volume so didnt think to make sure the levels were good and by the time I rendered it and realized it was low, I didnt have time to go back.


Hopefully I can listen to most at lunch time.
 
Noquarter83, nice vocals and harmonies... I'm digging it!

Knox in Box, good job on unpunking a cool old tune... :thu:

aliensporebomb, yea dude! Nice dirty punk guitars... Mixed like a pro! Diggin it...
 
I was really hoping these would be posted before Mark went to bed last night so I could download them this morning. Alas, it was not to be.

I'll try to get them downloaded tonight.
 
My song perhaps needs some explanation, since it does not sound punk at all.

So; in my opinion punk originally was about alienation; young people who had a feeling that they were outcast in their own society, and that they should never get a chance to be a part of it. Recently I read an interview with people from Moldavia who had been working in EU-countries for many years. They said they were not a part of the country they now worked in, and had no contacts with their home country. They were outcast, so to say. One of them happened to say that he had been away for so long that he "didn´t even remember the songs they sang at home". My tune therefore starts to sing a song, which it seems that we don´t remember. We try again, and again, but with no success. It´s a tune about alienation. That´s why I sent it to the punk fest.
 
Mine doesn't sound punk but it's a punk song by a punk band and I actually covered their acoustic version they released.
 
Back
Top