Quarantine haircut jam

I have been trying to keep mine at a consistent length for the sake of looking professional for the last few years. I was due a haircut when this all hit - so it is staring to grow out again. I'm not going to worry about it though. A hair cut can wait a few months.
 
Letting it grow.

It was very short. The woman who cuts my hair will have a full head of hair to work with.

I was planning on keeping it short, but now that it's back, I'm going with it.
 
I used clippers a few weeks ago and now it's grown a little and settling into a messy spiked thing.
 
After going to military barbers for a decade and then getting out to F#$%ED up hair cuts at 5 times the price, I told that last hair care professional I went to in 1992, that I could fu#$ up a hair cut as well as you and haven't looked back.
 
When I retired I grew mine down to my shoulders while the remaining hair on top of my head continued to thin and finally all fell out. I rocked the bald guy ponytail for a few years, but went back to 1" or so all around this fall. Pretty much what I had in my working life minus the hair on top of my head.
I think I got my 2nd short cut back in January, and now I really need another. Don't really wanna go with the buzz, cause I'd look too much like my Dad. Don't really trust myself with anything other than a buzz with clippers, and no way I can do scissors. Wife won't cut it. Guess I'll just go back to hippiedom till this is over.
 
It had been a while before COVID-19 since I had a haircut so now it's almost at ponytail length. I'm just going to let it go.
 
Just letting it go. Right now, I'm approaching a 70s Clint Eastwood/Dirty Harry look:

clint_eastwood-_dirty_harry.png



I might try to land it on Brad Pitt "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood". I already have the aviators.

hal-needham-brad-pitt-1564156391.jpg
 
So far, nothing. Things are getting puffy up there.

This weekend I’ll get Mrs. Roach to do it, or do it myself. The clippers I have for facial hair have a big attachment that should serve.
 
I was due for a cut when this all started. So, I’m a bit of a mess right now.
My hair tends to go thick and fluffy.
I’m going to go with it and see if I can get it down to shoulder length before I go nuts.
 
My hair is a PITA in that I'm bald(ish) so spend more time and effort keeping it smooth that when I had hair.

I go at it every 2-5 days with a DE razor so lockdown isn't going to affect me much.
 
I have some clippers with various attachments, but I'm not sure I'm going to use them. I might just go dirty hippie. I got my hair cut the week before everyone shut down, but wasn't smart enough to get it cut extra short. I like it above my ears and it's just starting to grow over the tops, but it's not to the point where I would normally get it cut yet.
 
My son, who inherited my wife's thick dark hair and had a hair appointment the day our lockdown started, has the biggest haystack I've ever seen on top of his head right now. He looks like he could front Herman's Hermits or something.
 
Back
Top