NGD!

mosiddiqi

The Curry Master
Staff member
So finally, after my first choice Charvel was "damaged" by the store...I went out shopping again yesterday and found another great Charvel!..I'm really impressed with these MIJ "Pro-Mod" models..very tightly put together, excellent fretwork, rock solid Floyd and Dimarzio's (Tone Zone and Evolution)..really good value for money. I was budgeted to buy anything up to a Suhr Pro-Modern and whilst the examples I tried were excellent..I just preferred the feel of the Charvel.

Here it is:

28b18e86.jpg


d39e4893.jpg


and here's some wankage of how it sounds via a Pod XT Marshall type setting..this is all the bridge position I think..I forget to switch to the neck. :embarrassed: The Evolution in the neck is great too!..very articulate and warm.

http://www.box.net/shared/g50um38uti

The neck is particularly nice..not too skinny, not a baseball bat either. Feels just right to me, they've rolled off the edges which I always like the feel of..feels worn in and comfortable straight away. The guitar has a nice resonant sound unplugged and the Tone Zone has a really big mid punch.

If you get the chance, try 'em out!..I don't know they compare to the USA models..I believe those have been discontinued.
 
HNGD! That's a sweet one, but there seems to some sort of strange object with screws protruding from it attaching it's self to you bridge.
:embarrassed:
 
Sweet! I didn't realize that these were the MIJ ones...
..yeah, the US models stopped production a while back apparently...no complaints with the MIJ though..very tidy in all aspects.

Congrats! No tone knob though?

Nah, built to rock. :embarrassed:..on this type of guitar, I'm not sure how useful a tone knob would be frankly :grin:

HNGD! That's a sweet one, but there seems to some sort of strange object with screws protruding from it attaching it's self to you bridge.
:embarrassed:

:embarrassed:..I like the Floyd Rose..it does what it's supposed to. :)
 
It came with a really nice SKB case..for just over 600 pounds..which seems like really good value given the spec..

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
 
It came with a really nice SKB case..for just over 600 pounds..which seems like really good value given the spec..

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk


That's roughly $1,000 USD with the current conversion rate I believe.
 
Back
Top