Mayonnaise

wok

Nasi Goreng Afficionado
Yea or nay?

Of course, for me as a European, this is the only way to have chips/fries:

Friet.JPG


Here in the UK, I always have Hellmans at the ready, i put it on everything: sandwiches, burgers, boiled/mashed/baked potatoes, steak

It must be my favourite condiment by far.

Ps no Cinco jokes please. They are all terrible
 
  • Like
Reactions: CST
I'm a fan. It is required for many types of sandwiches, especially turkey and tuna.

I also really like aoli, which is kind of like artisan mayo. :snooty:
 
I got into homemade mayo a few weeks back and now I can't eat any other kind. It's so simple to do (especially with an immersion blender) and the taste is ridiculous.
Tomato sandwiches with mayo, mayo on fries, all of it, yum!
 
I'm a fan. It is required for many types of sandwiches, especially turkey and tuna.

I also really like aoli, which is kind of like artisan mayo. :snooty:

It’s basically just garlic mayo. Also very very nice
 
I got into homemade mayo a few weeks back and now I can't eat any other kind. It's so simple to do (especially with an immersion blender) and the taste is ridiculous.
Tomato sandwiches with mayo, mayo on fries, all of it, yum!

I thought I was the only one in the world who ate tomato sandwiches! Crusty white bread, mayo, slices tomato or halved cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper... :love:
 
It’s basically just garlic mayo. Also very very nice
Correct. Which is why when I see Garlic Aioli on a menu I get irritated.
It's like saying a French dip with Au Jus. The Au part MEANS WITH!!!!!! It's just French dip au Jus dammit!
 
I thought I was the only one in the world who ate tomato sandwiches! Crusty white bread, mayo, slices tomato or halved cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper... :love:
I grew up on them with both sets of grandparents always growing fresh maters. So yummy. Except I can eat 3 or 4 in a sitting.
 
I use it for cole slaw dressing and in some other recipes like tuna or chicken salad, but other than occasionally as a spread on a turkey or BLT sandwich, I rarely use it alone. And - I've found that (for me) hummus is a superior spread for sandwiches.

EDIT: I haven't had fries in about two years. They are permanently off the diet.
 
I don't know if I've even tried mayo on fries.

Cool, now I have an excuse to order fries pretty soon.
 
Since I cannot abide anything tomato-based, I used to use mayo on sandwiches (including on my soy hot dogs). Since the heart attack last year, I stopped using bread and now use wraps; I also stopped using mayo. So I am a reformed mayo user.
 
Since I cannot abide anything tomato-based, I used to use mayo on sandwiches (including on my soy hot dogs). Since the heart attack last year, I stopped using bread and now use wraps; I also stopped using mayo. So I am a reformed mayo user.

How come no mayo? It's got a bit of cholesterol, but since a serving is so small (< 1 tbsp/serving) and mayo has 6mg of cholesterol per tbsp it isn't really a big contributor to the recommended 300mg daily consumption.
 
Back
Top