Just a note about why I will no longer be posting my lessons on Harmony Central

I have some business to finalize with Gary Palmer, but other than that, I swear I will never post on HC again. This is just bad, man. Not good.

MWGL FTW chears
 
The overarching "entity that is HC" appears to be growing less intelligent and self-aware on a daily basis.

Good night, sweet prince. :cry:
 
While I fully support Mark and have ZERO love for HC, I see all this as a very small deal. The simple fact is that BOTH sites are commercial web sites. Each competes in their own way for a share of ad revenue and so forth. It's not like they outright forbid him to advertise his own "For Profit" site. All they did was ask that he do it in a manner which would not be construed as SPAM according to their own in house definition of what exactly spam is.

I think some of you guys are taking this WAY too strongly.

If you walked into a McDonalds with a bag from Burger King and sat down at one of their tables to enjoy your Whopper, they'd be a little perturbed no?

All this is, in essence is them asking that others don't take advantage of their site to get "Free" advertising to their own sites. All the ads you see at the top of the pages both here and there are PAID for.

This is not a big deal folks.
 
I can't do it with this system, but I'll post a link to Mark Wein's domain on my domain home page.
That will make me feel better, showing some semi-solidarity with him.

as always, John Watt

Semi-solidarity Forever!

as always, XD
 
My guess is that in addition to the perceived threat of lost ad revenue, HC will start to host a pay for lessons site as part of the forums. That's pure speculation on my part.

Either way, all that site does is cause me GAS. If I want that, I'll have baked beans and beer. It's time for me to leave HC.
 
Harmony Central hasn't been about actually PLAYING your instrument in a long time.

Post of the year! How can it be otherwise.....especially considering all the ''other'' activity that goes on there. Lets make a short list

trolling
political/ racist threads that cause shitstorms
Although a nice bit of eye candy......T & A threads
Poo throwing from wiseass remarks
endless threads about what amp is better for teh brootalz
 
Post of the year! How can it be otherwise.....especially considering all the ''other'' activity that goes on there. Lets make a short list

trolling
political/ racist threads that cause shitstorms
Although a nice bit of eye candy......T & A threads
Poo throwing from wiseass remarks
endless threads about what amp is better for teh brootalz

Trolling has been pretty much my sole reason for even going to GJ for at least a year.
 
I think they must have been respondin' to a complaint because it's too hard to imagine them bein' pro-active.
 
i don't believe this was from Strings. it was most likely from the Electric Guitars forum. there are a couple of forumites over there that seemed personally insulted when people left EG to come here. i'm pretty sure everybody in GJ is cool with Mark. well, except for ButtHurt Muffins.

The fuckwit twins on EG were the first ones I thought of.
 
No, it's a massive conspiracy. They had hoped to get rid of me for good with 2.0, but Strings fucked that up. That's the whole reason why they moved back to 1.0. Pretty soon, they'll start covering their tracks, and Strings will simply go missing one day.
 
No, it's a massive conspiracy. They had hoped to get rid of me for good with 2.0, but Strings fucked that up. That's the whole reason why they moved back to 1.0. Pretty soon, they'll start covering their tracks, and Strings will simply go missing one day.

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Keyboardists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Keyboardist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Singers,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Singer.

THEN THEY CAME for the Guitarists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Guitarist.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
 
Back
Top