It's Funny in a tragic, this our future kind of sense.

Current banner ad- Capella: The Online University. Capella University named a "top 20 military-friendly" university.


I love our banner ads. They're like a cliff-notes summary of each thread.
 
Here's the thing Howie: I'm guilty of getting a little defensive about my guys when they're over there doing things you can only simulate on your PS3WiiXbox. Your joke about a lower standard for the Guard is in poor taste, especially coming from a guy who has done...what? Your clumsy attempt at condescension is a poor cover for what just came out of your dick-garage.

i don't play video games and it was a joke. no actual offense meant. if you took it that way, then i apologize. the only thing i'm curious about is how you took offense to my joke as opposed to some of the others in this thread which are in equally poor taste.
 
i don't play video games and it was a joke. no actual offense meant. if you took it that way, then i apologize. the only thing i'm curious about is how you took offense to my joke as opposed to some of the others in this thread which are in equally poor taste.

I think my issue was with you going at the Guard. It's an old stereotype, so I can see how pervasive it must be in our culture. But it's not accurate anymore. Most of the people in the Guard are Been There Done Thats (the Texas Guard has two Special Forces and one Ranger unit, and several other airborne units), so I guess it just gets a little old hearing that reputation (well-earned from past performance or not). Clearly you're not the only person under the impression that the Guard has lowered standards, so it probably wasn't fair to shotgun blast you individually. Sorry man. It just gets a little old.
 
I think my issue was with you going at the Guard. It's an old stereotype, so I can see how pervasive it must be in our culture. But it's not accurate anymore. Most of the people in the Guard are Been There Done Thats (the Texas Guard has two Special Forces and one Ranger unit, and several other airborne units), so I guess it just gets a little old hearing that reputation (well-earned from past performance or not). Clearly you're not the only person under the impression that the Guard has lowered standards, so it probably wasn't fair to shotgun blast you individually. Sorry man. It just gets a little old.

I have two friends in the Guard... I think they've lowered their standards. :embarrassed:






Hi Chris and TJ! :Wave::tongue:
 
Rule #1 - every gun is loaded

rule #2 - KEEP YOUR FUCKING FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

rul #3 - don't point it at anything you don't want to destroy...
 
Back
Top