I'm obsessed with pedals lately.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
but can't justify buying anything. I have everything I need to work but I really want to try a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret, Fulltone Plimsoul (I have a student with one so I'll get to try it without buying it) and a few other things. Even the MXR '78 distortion sounds kind of cool after reading HIAR's review.
 
Me too, but I can't afford anything. :facepalm:

I just need a good dirt pedal though. That's it.

A delay would be cool, though. Or some reverb. Or.... :embarrassed:
 
:) My Paulski Pedal Therapy thread got deleted in MWGL 2.0... I'm obsessing over every aspect of guitar, lately, and pedals are high on my list...
 
what do you mean lately?

the MXR is a tweaked DS-1. you already don't like them. don't buy it because it's cheap.

i changed my avatar on FB to get into the Catalinbread contest for the new DLS. i doubt i'll win, but you never know.

Fuller can go fuck himself in his fucking face. speaking of which, anybody wanna buy a Supa-Trem?
 
Last edited:
I was going through this over the past two years. I have now settled down and very pleased with all of the choices I have made. My recent delimma's have been more amps. But that to will be coming to an end soon as I have a few more builds to take care of for my needs.
 
what do you mean lately?

the MXR is a tweaked DS-1. you already don't like tweaked them. don't buy it because it's cheap.

i changed my avatar on FB to get into the Catalinbread contest for the new DLS. i doubt i'll win, but you never know.

Fuller can go fuck himself in his fucking face. speaking of which, anybody wanna buy a Supa-Trem?

lol.

I'm curious about the Catalinbread pedals...folks seem to really like them but I've never seen or heard one in person.
 
lol.

I'm curious about the Catalinbread pedals...folks seem to really like them but I've never seen or heard one in person.

i had a Varioboost prototype which was a varitone switch with a blend and volume control in a box. it was a really cool concept for a pedal. the only CB i own now is my Valcoder tremolo. it's a really great circuit.

Nic is a really talented builder and everything i've heard from him has been excellent. the whole Marshall in a box thing isn't really my bag, but if he's giving them away for free, i'm all ears.
 
lol.

TGP went batshit over that, even changing their TOS this week.

it's definitely something to keep in mind. they can be held liable and don't want any part of it. you can't blame them for changing the TOS. we don't have the same kind of community here, but it's worth covering your ass.
 
it's definitely something to keep in mind. they can be held liable and don't want any part of it. you can't blame them for changing the TOS. we don't have the same kind of community here, but it's worth covering your ass.

yeah. good times. people suck. I like how they redirect any link from HC to a page on how trolls work :embarrassed:
 
I may end up breaking down and getting some. I am mostly a guitar straight into the amp person, which has always been fine because I have never really been the "lead" player in any band I have played guitar in. I got together with some guys from work a couple of weeks ago and it looks like we may start jamming a bit more. In this "band" I will be the "lead" guy so I am probably going to get a couple of pedals to hide my lack of lead skills. :grin:
 
Me too...

And I actually have the cash to buy now as well. I am waiting on good deal on a used TU-2 since my PW tuner is dieing. Amazingly they are asking the same cash for those on eBay as the new TU-3 models.

Then I am considering some sort of chorus/flange/phaser. I revisited the thread I started about that almost two months ago. I'm looking at the Line 6 MM4, but that might be more than I actually need and I saw some online posts a bit critical of the sound quality. Then again - my trem on my amp is pedal operated and the pedal isn't working (the reverb button is - the tremolo button isn't). There are a couple songs we do that need chorus (Blue On Black among others) so that might be the way to go. Or maybe see if I can do without...
 
Dave - the TU-3 is more accurate than the TU-2. BOSS finally caught up with Korg and GFS.

flange and chorus are the same effect, just with different delay times. phase actually works completely differently.
 
Dave - the TU-3 is more accurate than the TU-2. BOSS finally caught up with Korg and GFS.

flange and chorus are the same effect, just with different delay times. phase actually works completely differently.

I did not know that....I may just get a TU-3 then since the prices seem to be pretty close. I have actually seen a couple used TU-2s on eBay in really good shape selling for more than a brand new TU-3. EBay sellers have been pretty mental lately.....
 
I did not know that....I may just get a TU-3 then since the prices seem to be pretty close. I have actually seen a couple used TU-2s on eBay in really good shape selling for more than a brand new TU-3. EBay sellers have been pretty mental lately.....

I say go with the new one.
 
I did not know that....I may just get a TU-3 then since the prices seem to be pretty close. I have actually seen a couple used TU-2s on eBay in really good shape selling for more than a brand new TU-3. EBay sellers have been pretty mental lately.....

they're discontinued. obviously they're worth more. :embarrassed:
 
Back
Top