Famous Songs that are Actually Covers....

Wait a minute! Wait a minute!
Bobby Brown's My Prerogative is a cover?

hahaa... no... I'm 99.9% certain that's a Bobby Brown original... I'm saying that when Britney Spears covered it, there were people who didn't Bobby Brown or New Edition.
 
I grew up with and loved the Anthrax "Got The Time" tune. Little did I know it was a cover of Joe Jackson - and I still don't have any idea who Joe Jackson is...:embarrassed:
 
I grew up with and loved the Anthrax "Got The Time" tune. Little did I know it was a cover of Joe Jackson - and I still don't have any idea who Joe Jackson is...:embarrassed:
That's unfortunate. Joe Jackson's debut album Look Sharp! — the album "Got the Time" appears on — is start-to-finish as close to a flawless record as anything I've ever heard.
 
About 15 years Avril Lavigne released a cover for "Knocking on Heaven's Doors".
I remember all the kids in the forums going mad - "how dare she touch a GnR song???!!?"

Son of a..... The older you get, the more difficult it is to not sound like "Get off my lawn..." :embarrassed:
 
When Beavis and Butthead Do America was released, MTV aired RHCP's "Love Rollercoaster" a lot. I was sure it was an original, it really sounded like it was their song.
A few years later I found out about this

Is there such thing as "stoner funk"?
 
Last edited:
When Beavis and Butthead Do America was released, MTV aired RHCP's "Love Rollercoaster" a lot. I was sure it was an original, it really sounded like it was their song.
A few years later I found out about this

Is there such thing as "stoner funk"?


Maybe it's my proximity to Detroit, maybe it's just my love for funky 70's stuff... maybe it was going to the roller skating rink and arcade as a kid... but my brain is filled with memories of Ohio Players, Stevie Wonder, Prince, Chic, Leo Sayer, Parliment Funkadelic, Earth Wind and Fire, and so many others....
 
All funk is stoner funk.

Prove me wrong.

download-1.jpg
 
many of Carole King's songs have been covered, famously. many of them you didn't know she wrote.
Loco-motion
Natrual Woman
You've Got a Friend
Will You Still Love Me
Don't Bring Me Down
Chains
Go Away Little Girl
I'm Into Something Good
Just Once in My Life
One Fine Day
Pleasant Valley Sunday
Take Good Care of My Baby
Up On the Roof
Where You Lead

to name a few.
 
Last edited:
many of Carole King's songs have been covered, famously. many of them you didn't know she wrote.
Loco-motion
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
Natrual Woman
You've Got a Friend
Will You Still Love Me
Don't Bring Me Down
Chains
Go Away Little Girl
I'm Into Something Good
Just Once in My Life
One Fine Day
Pleasant Valley Sunday
Some Kind of Wonderful
Take Good Care of My Baby
Up On the Roof
Where You Lead

to name a few.

She was a writer for a long time before she finally did her own.
 
My world has tilted on its axis. April Wine recorded their version nine years after the original.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top