Bad Animals back in Rancho Cucamonga

Modern Saint

Starve your Fear, Feed your Dream!
Bad Animals the Heart tribute that had a reunion this past December played another gig again. That makes 4 in a 6 month period. I really thought the gig in December was going to be a one off but for some reason more are coming. I really did not want to do this and may need to bail in the near future. It isn't what I signed up for.

Anyway this time it was a private backyard birthday party for the bass player's wife called Cindypolooza. A huge event in deed it was.

TR House 1 - S.jpg


Took me about 2.5 hours to get here which include a trip to GC (backup strings) and Vons (Apple Pie for the massive potluck). Yeah GC as I forgot my safety guitar tool pack.

When I got there the parking wasn't a bad as I thought and WHOevr was playing. I enjoyed listening to them from a safe distance as it was loud.

WHOever - S.jpg


Here is the Band line up for the backyard party with the set times.
2 - 2:50pm Room Service Kiss Tribute
3 - 3:50pm - Crumblin' Down - The John Mellencamp Tribute
4 - 4:50pm - WHOevr - The WHO Tribute
5 - 5:50pm - The Pink Floyd Sound
6 - 6:50pm - Bad Animals - Heart tribute
7 - 8pm - A Cheaper Trick

As usual, the everything runs late. The show starts late so all you can do is just enjoy the company and try to make new friends. Or just observe how big this place is...

Overlooking Pool - S.jpg


When WHOever was done, The Pink Floyd Sound came on. They weren't bad for just 4 people playing.

The Pink Floyd Sound - S.jpg


Finally we were given the 2 two song notice and I started to move my gear towards the stage. A few minutes later I find out that we got bumped to close - FUCK!!! At the last minute Jaime St. James (Black & Blue, Warrant) said he had to leave early and could Cheaper Trick swap.

So Cheaper Trick took the 6:50 slot but got started about 7:15pm.

Cheaper Trick 1 - S.jpg

Cheaper Trick 2 - S.jpg


Finally they were done and we went on about 8:embarrassed:0 and we finished just before 9pm. Jamie did stay for a few songs and then left.

BA 1.jpg

BA 2.jpg

BA 3.jpg


BA 4 - S.jpg


BA 5.jpg


All in all it was a great day but tiring. Just a long wait more than anything. Would I do it again?? Ask me next year as of right now, I would prefer to watch and leave when I wanted to.
 
Last edited:
The only thing I know about Rancho Cucamonga is that is where the Comedy Central show Workaholics is based.

Bummer you lost a whole day for a 50-minute set. At least you were at what appears to be a pretty awesome party.
 
The only thing I know about Rancho Cucamonga is that is where the Comedy Central show Workaholics is based.

Bummer you lost a whole day for a 50-minute set. At least you were at what appears to be a pretty awesome party.
Last time I played in Rancho Cucamonga I got shot at in the parking lot of the club.
 
All tribute bands. Interesting band line up. Being a big Heart fan, at least of their first four or five albums, very cool band.
 
The only thing I know about Rancho Cucamonga is that is where the Comedy Central show Workaholics is based.

Bummer you lost a whole day for a 50-minute set. At least you were at what appears to be a pretty awesome party.

Yes and you know I don't drink...

But this was there for those that do....

Beer.jpg

All tribute bands. Interesting band line up. Being a big Heart fan, at least of their first four or five albums, very cool band.

If the 5 there that day, the host plays in 3 of them - WHOever, Cheaper Trick and Bad Animals.

Last time I played in Rancho Cucamonga I got shot at in the parking lot of the club.

What club was that? That way I know where to stay away from.
 
My brother in law used to live in Rancho. He is in San Bernadino now. That looks like a pretty cool line up.
 
Here is the Band line up for the backyard party with the set times.
2 - 2:50pm Room Service Kiss Tribute
3 - 3:50pm - Crumblin' Down - The John Mellencamp Tribute
4 - 4:50pm - WHOevr - The WHO Tribute
5 - 5:50pm - The Pink Floyd Sound
6 - 6:50pm - Bad Animals - Heart tribute
7 - 8pm - A Cheaper Trick
That's quite a lineup for a private backyard party. Who are these people? [/SeinfeldVoice]
 
That's quite a lineup for a private backyard party. Who are these people? [/SeinfeldVoice]

All friends and family of the hosts + band member and their friends. Bassist plays in 3 of the bands listed plus all of the networking over the years.
 
Are we not going to discuss the fact that the lead singer from Warrant (actually I remember him as the singer from Black and Blue) now sings in a Cheap Trick tribute act? ???
 
Last edited:
Are we not going to discuss the fact that the lead singer from Warrant (actually I remember him as the singer from Black and Blue) now sings in a Cheap Trick tribute act? ???

I was wondering when somebody would pickup on that....

Let me add Black and Blue (forgot all about them too) as well because something was not right about it when I googled him at the gig....lol.
 
From the home page of Jaime St. James

"Welcome my friends to the one and only Jaime St. James web site where I can babble about anything I choose.

I am the co-founder and lead singer for the great 80’s rock band BLACK’N BLUE!

I was the frontman and party master for WARRANT for four rockin’ summers starting in 2004 and I hope you get some cool incite into Fright Train Jane which I formed in the 90’s and our CD that came out in 1994 is now very rare and goes for around $60.00 on the internet
."

http://www.jaimestjames.com/home.html
 
Black N' Blue was one of the Hair Metal bands that I reallly dug, along with TNT.

EDIT: Listening to some on youtube thought.... Hmm... doesn't hold up quite as well after these years. Ah well...


Actually, it's ironic that JSJ ended up singing in that band because I always thought that Steve Whiteman, the lead singer of KIX, sounded like Robin Zander in a punk/glam version of Cheap Trick.

 
Last edited:
Black N' Blue was one of the Hair Metal bands that I reallly dug, along with TNT.

EDIT: Listening to some on youtube thought.... Hmm... doesn't hold up quite as well after these years. Ah well...


Actually, it's ironic that JSJ ended up singing in that band because I always thought that Steve Whiteman, the lead singer of KIX, sounded like Robin Zander in a punk/glam version of Cheap Trick.



JSJ just so happens to live in the IE and is friends with the bassist where the party was held. The bassist has also subbed in for Great White in 2014 for a gig out here. Former Great White drummer (post fire) Derrick Pontier has jammed with that Heart band a couple of times back in 2007 before I left the band. Just lucky to have played with or met some of them. After all they are just people like the rest of us.
 
Just lucky to have played with or met some of them. After all they are just people like the rest of us.

It reinforces that you have to be in the music business because you love music. Anyone who thinks that it's a quick way to become a millionaire needs to go become a stock broker or doctor. The music business is work, hustle, grind, 5 minutes in the spotlight, rinse and repeat.
 
The music business is work, hustle, grind, 5 minutes in the spotlight, rinse and repeat.

Best line ever...

As what I used tell some of the players in the band: "You are as good as your next gig".

No one really cares what you did in the past. If they do, it was either "great - I would see them again" or "they suck!"
 
sounded like Robin Zander in a punk/glam version of Cheap Trick.

Bassist used to play in another Cheap Trick tribute called "In Color" which where I met both the guitarist and bassist back when. At that time they had a female singer playing Robin Zander and she sounded great. Sadly she is no longer singing.
 
Back
Top