Anyone excited for the iPhone5?

It's a tiny hairline crack. Since I've dropped the phone 18,000 times I figure it's a damn sturdy phone. I wanted the 5 anyway so this just gives me an excuse.

Yeah, I have two small scratches on mine, but unless you know they're there you'd never notice.
 
I know bigsby boy is waiting for it like a kid waits for Christmas.


I was curious about possibly trying one... until I saw that Google bought Motorola. This means that the next gen Android will have some serious hardware/software integration. DANCING-banana
 
If the two biggest selling points for iPhone over the android are that annoying twat Siri and the ability to run audio apps, then I will remain an android devotee for ever.

I have less than zero interest in plugging a guitar or any other instrument into my fucking phone.

Seriously.


How "convenient" or even useful is that functionality anyway?

I'm sure it just hammers the battery, so unless you're plugged in, you probably only have a very short usability window. And what REAL practical use is it anyway?

Unless you just joined the flaming lips, or are an insufferable Hipster, I don't see the "need".


Sorry, not trying to be a thread crapper, but geeeeeeeeeeeeeez
 
I know bigsby boy is waiting for it like a kid waits for Christmas.


I was curious about possibly trying one... until I saw that Google bought Motorola. This means that the next gen Android will have some serious hardware/software integration. DANCING-banana

Excellent. Competition is a good thing for the consumer. I'm just like the typical iPhone owners who've been surveyed...Once Droid is significantly better than iPhone in key areas, I'll leave Apple for Google. :thu:
 
I'll be looking forward to it but given both my wife and I are having expensive vacations this year (she's going on a cruise with her sister and mother that will not be cheap) and I'm being sent to see Rush in Toronto with a friend and then a trip out to NYC/Washington DC to the smithsonian and back) it will be a while before I can get it.

Basically, speaking as a smartphone admin at my day gig the android phones crap the bed when attempting to stay connected to our corporate email server. And we've actually found bugs that google has confirmed but not fixed so some people are forced to buy touchdown in order to have a slightly more reliable email client. Frankly, I'm tired of taking the heat from end users
for Google's problem.

The iphones have no such problem. The larger screen will help my aging eyes and the faster processor and bigger memory will help. The other rumor is worldwide LTE integration for speed. Oh yeah, I also heard longer lasting battery and better glass for the front of the phone so more scratch resistance.

What's not to like?

Although some of those android phones with the giant screens are almost the size of a tablet. Kind of interesting to see "where is the tablet and phone going to converge?"
 
I know bigsby boy is waiting for it like a kid waits for Christmas.


I was curious about possibly trying one... until I saw that Google bought Motorola. This means that the next gen Android will have some serious hardware/software integration. DANCING-banana

The Droid Razr seemed like the best one out there on the droid side except my co workers has developed an annoying problem: sometimes the phone "outruns" the battery charger if he's using it for something. He returned one phone and the replacement started doing it later too. The other problem was that certain regions of the touch screen would stop working randomly It's too bad, from the droids I've seen it seemed far and away the nicest. Maybe rev 2?
 
I'm just excited for iOS 6. I've been waiting for it for a while. And i have a 3GS, so i can get it! :)
 
I just got a 4 not long ago. I'm digging it so far. The next upgrade won't be for a loooong while, though :(
 
If the two biggest selling points for iPhone over the android are that annoying twat Siri and the ability to run audio apps, then I will remain an android devotee for ever.

I have less than zero interest in plugging a guitar or any other instrument into my fucking phone.

Seriously.


How "convenient" or even useful is that functionality anyway?

I'm sure it just hammers the battery, so unless you're plugged in, you probably only have a very short usability window. And what REAL practical use is it anyway?

Unless you just joined the flaming lips, or are an insufferable Hipster, I don't see the "need".


Sorry, not trying to be a thread crapper, but geeeeeeeeeeeeeez

i'm waiting for it so that i can get around buying a floor effects processor by using Garageband or another guitar app in rehearsals.
 
I could see where that would be cool, especially in light of the fact that it certainly sucks dragging even the smallest rig around on the subway.

I think my last post came off a bit more aggressive than I intended.

I have always said that the whole debate is more about personal choice, as both platforms are very good at what they do.

I would own an iPhone if it were given to me, but if I'm buying, it will be a Samsung.

I feel like a turd though, because Howie made me realize that there actually are practical uses for the stuff I dismissed.

Sorry guys.
 
nothing to be sorry about.

I really like my iPhone but I've always envied the larger android phone screens. My phone still works fine and has survived being owned by me (which is saying something considering at one point it fell off my amp and I didn't realize I had been jumping up and down on it for most of a set :embarrassed:) but it feels like its starting to run slower as updated and newer apps take more advantage of the better hardware in the 4s and soon to be 5.
 
Also, I do carry an iRig and some adapters with me on travel gigs as a (kinda lame) backup if my am were to go down. Not much of a concern since I bought the Suhr amp but its nice to have options.
 
I am IF there is any significant difference from 4S.
As long as they have 4G (it's different frequencies than in the u.s) too.
 
Although some of those android phones with the giant screens are almost the size of a tablet. Kind of interesting to see "where is the tablet and phone going to converge?"

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note and for me it does this already.

On my family's recent holiday to Florida, it was the first time I have not taken my laptop on holiday for internet access etc. I used the Note as a tablet whenever there was free WiFi, a movie/music player in the hotel room, GPS/SatNav for navigation etc and it handled it all easily.

It's a perfectly good phone as well and trumps the iPhone in one important way in my book by having the earpiece at the top and the mic at the bottom so you hold it like a phone not like a slice of metallic pizza you're about to eat. I know it's petty but that bothered me when I had a company 3GS.
 
For my job I own a 4S which is cool. However I have been waiting for a 5 to replace my regular phone of which is about 3.5 years old and just a standard flip up.
 
Back
Top