GPOTD 11.30.18

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
svtjegitcuyzdxhqskxd.jpg
ysaabzqfemghke8fqma7.jpg
ktvr7pmj6y1d9gcd45ix.jpg
bed8at43jt9baum390uy.jpg


Danelectro Baby Sitar 2018 Sunburst no case

2018 Danelectro Baby Sitar; Tobacco Sunburst finish; no case finish. Guitar is in excellent condition. No dings, cracks, or fretwear. Super cool electric sitar. Photos are of the actual guitar for sale.



Made In: Korea

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Nut Width: 1 5/8"

Scale Length: 25"

Pickups: Danelectro lipstick pickup

https://reverb.com/item/17317123-danelectro-baby-sitar-2018-sunburst-no-case
 
I occasionally get GAS for an electric sitar, though I think I would prefer the more deluxe Coral version to the Baby Sitar. That said, I've never played either type, so I might hate both in person.
 
I’d rather buy an actual sitar instead.

Which is something that I’ve considered, but it’d be an intimidating time investment.
 
I've played an actual sitar on a few occasions.
I'd give a fake one a whirl.
 
I’d rather buy an actual sitar instead.

Which is something that I’ve considered, but it’d be an intimidating time investment.

I tried for about a year. It’s like a part-time job if you want to do anything but play Paint it Black because you have to play the instrument, memorize everything, and study recordings. And Indian teachers can be very frustrating because they grew up in an entirely different tradition. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who isn’t obsessed with Indian classical music.
 
I do gas for one at times, but you can't beat the original Coral electric sitars with the sympathetic strings. In the late 60s our lead guitar player would rent one for gigs for Paint it Black and Norwegian Wood. :hippie:
 
Back
Top