What are you listening to this week?

Besides my own stuff,
Creepoid - Creepoid
Band of Horses - Acoustic at the Ryman
Trans Am's entire catalog
Beck - Morning Phase
 
Sugar - Copper Blue
What a great album this still is!
Sugar_-_Copper_Blue.jpg


Lindi Ortega - Tin Star
Just released. Plenty of personal lyrics about the attempt to break into the Nashville scene, and of course, failed relationships.
51-HQLulonL._SL500_AA280_.jpg


Nickel Creek - A Dotted Line
New one as well. Most songs are really good when they avoid getting too pop-ish.
nickel-creek-a-dotted-line-450.jpg
 
nothing in particular. Quite a few Youtube vids and instructional vids. Trying to write some music too
 
Got another load of used vinyl. One I keep coming back to is the Georgia Satellites first albums. Got a couple of Klaatu albums which are quite good. Finally found the CD Mark sent, it was inside the book so I wouldn't missplace it ! DOH! -Super Black Market Wein ! kidding-great album Mark. I like your playing !
 
Took a road trip to Dave's Guitars today. Listened to George Harrison's Early Takes. In the office lately I've been playing a lot of Clapton, Buddy Guy, Tedeshi-Trucks, Gary Clark jr, Ramones, Anoushka Shankar, Muddy Waters, and some Springsteen.
 
I set up a turntable and a Griffin iMic to my comp and I am recording vinyl LPs to my computer. Listening to records I haven't heard in decades.

James-harman-band-thank-you-baby-1983.jpg
Features Kid Ramos, Hollywood Fats, Steven Hodges (who went on to play with Tom Waits)

And:

phastphreddie437596.jpg
<<<< Kind of Jump Blues with a Monk and Punk attitude. Features pre-Los Lobos Steve Berlin.
 
Back
Top