Gran Turismo appreciation thread

Chihlidog

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Sonce there's been quite a bit of discussion about it here today, and given that GT 5 recently was released, I thought it might be appropriate to take a minute and appreciate what has to be the greatest racing series ever made, Gran Turismo.

It took me forever to get good at it, but once I did, I bought a Viper, and LOVED driving it. This was GT1. I was at the store the day GT2 came out, I had to have it. To this day I still love the series. I havent played 5, cause I dont have a PS3, but if there was ever any reason for me to buy one, that's it.

In honor of this thread, I will go home and race my Saleen S7 before the Penguins game tonight :love:
 
Greatest video game series ever made.

I bought a PS1 to play it...then bought a PS2 to play it...and will have difficulty NOT buying a PS3 to play it.

Ridiculously addictive.
 
Greatest video game series ever made.

new-super-mario-pc-games.jpg
 
If my roommate buys it, I'll play it, but the demos and that haven't impressed me. I'm pretty happy with Forza for now. Especially once the Jalopnik car pack comes out.
 
That being said, if we're talking about the whole series, I lost about 8 months of my life to GT2 (I think). Buying old beater cars and making horrifying, nigh-undrivable 500+hp monsters out of them. :grin:
 
I spent more time on GT2 then any other game in my life. Except the devil that is WoW.
 
That being said, if we're talking about the whole series, I lost about 8 months of my life to GT2 (I think). Buying old beater cars and making horrifying, nigh-undrivable 500+hp monsters out of them. :grin:

I love doing that. :grin:
 
I've not play it since GT 2 came out way back when. I'm a huge road racing junkie and I'm blow away by how realistic the tracks supposed to be in the new game. It's cheaper than a track day too.
 
I own GT5 and a Logitech G27 wheel system.

GT5 is the most life like driving experience I've ever had outside of a car.

Some of the stuff in the game isn't great, and could be better, but when the vRubber hits the vRoad, the driving is fantastic. Worth the monies... :embarrassed:
 
Driving games are the only thing I really ever got into as far as video games go.

I loved GT1 and GT2. Haven't played any of the others. Can't even really play those anymore because my PS2 won't save any data anymore, so I can only go as far as I can in one setting, and that gets kind of old. :mad:
 
Driving games are the only thing I really ever got into as far as video games go.

I loved GT1 and GT2. Haven't played any of the others. Can't even really play those anymore because my PS2 won't save any data anymore, so I can only go as far as I can in one setting, and that gets kind of old. :mad:

PS2s are cheap now, you owe it to yourself to get 4. The graphics are amazing and the feel is even more realistic, and of course the car list is insane.
 
I would have agreed if I was 14. :wink:

I love Mario, but nothing is addictive as the GT series for me.

Have you played the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game? Holy crap is that addicting... especially because you can't really beat it unless you collect ALL of the gold star coins. :facepalm:
 
I dont know anything about video games at all, but this is pretty freakin' cool. :grin:


 
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know anything about video games at all, but this is pretty freakin' cool. :grin:





Haha sometimes the vehicles they include are surprising. I havent seen the full list yet from 5 but Im not shocked to see those there. Have you ever played any of the Gran Turismo games? If not, I strongly suggest you try one out. I dont know anyone who likes cars that doesnt really enjoy them.

Is it true that GT 5 included Ferrari and Lamborghini, by the way? If so, I believe I will HAVE to bite the bullet and buy a PS3.


EDIT: I just looked it up DAMN. I dont know where Im going to find the cash this second, but after looking at the car list, it isnt a question for me, I MUST get Gran Turismo 5. Wow.

Ferrari:



Ferrari 330 P4 Race Car '67


Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07


Ferrari 458 Italia '09


Ferrari 512BB '76


Ferrari 599 '06


Ferrari California '08



Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02



Ferrari F10 '10



Ferrari F40 '92


Ferrari F430 '06



Ferrari F2007


Ferrari SP1 '08

:love: :love: :love:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top