Go ahead, get it off your chest. You'll feel better.

I was listening to the Deep Tracks channel a few weeks ago and Pat Travers' "(Boom Boom) Out Go The Lights" came on. I hadn't heard the song in a many years, but from the 1000 other times I'd heard it, I remembered it as an upbeat and raunchy live blues-rock tune.

This time it struck me (no pun): holy shit, that song is straight-up about domestic violence!

No kiddin'
I'm ready to fight
I've been lookin' for my baby all night
If I get her in my sights
Boom boom, right here (out go the lights!)

No kiddin'
I'm ready to go
When I find her boy don't you know
If I get her in my sights
Boom boom, what is it, (out go the lights!)

I thought I treat my baby fair
I just found out she don't want me here
If I get her in my sights
Boom boom, come on, (out go the lights!)

I never felt this mad before
When I just found out she don't want me no more
If I get her in my sights
Boom boom, come on, (out go the lights!)
​

He's looking for his girlfriend who wants to break up with him .... and when he finds her he's going to knock her unconscious.

Or, for an even darker turn, shoot her dead.

Damn .... and I liked that song too. Sang along with the audience (out go the lights!) a thousand times; it never once occurred to me.

Wow.
 
Last edited:
I've always found Bugs Bunny attractive when he put a dress played a girl bunny.

56E43577-82AB-42DD-91AB-037E73DDB477.gif
 
When Air Supply, Celine Dion, or '90s-era Mariah Carey come on the radio, I crank it and sing at the top of my lungs.

I would join you with the air supply. I don’t know any Mariah Carey tunes and I’d rather have my ear drums impaled with ice picks than listen to Celine Dion. I once told my wife that if there is a hell, it isn’t fire and brimstone, it’s a personalized torture. I would be trapped in a perfume store while the Titanic theme is stuck on repeat :grin:
 
I don't get into pop artists very often, but I love the hell outta Ellie Goulding and would love to go see her live. I'd also love to see her collaborate with someone like Reznor, Clouser, or Williams (all four please? FUCK YES!) and I honestly look up to her a lot, both for her openness about personal mental health struggles and her dedication to fighting homelessness, aiding women's health services, and her work as a UNF Goodwill Ambassador. Socially aware, a multi-instrumentalist with a lovely and unique voice? Check. Very pretty with perfect legs? Check +. I think she's great and I listen to her all the time, which shocks most of my friends and family. That's cool... maybe it'll be easier to get tickets for her next tour. :love::cool:

Here are three I really like:





 
And "Caddyshack" and "Airplane" do not hold up well after all these years.
.

I disagree. Both films have some terrific performances, fantastic jokes and sight gags, but unfortunately, some of the subject matter has aged poorly; cringe-worthy at the most lenient, offensive, dismissive, and derogatory at it's worst. Anything beyond that is a debate for a different thread.
 
I'm not much into a lot of these newer female "diva" type singers, but Ariana Grande has the voice of an angel.

Oh, and I loved Waterworld.
 
Back
Top