Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

Already posted this in another thread, but hey...here I am with a wah pedal now.

pedalbaord with wah.jpg

I sold my Helix LT, got an HX Stomp instead, for ease of carrying. I did, however, order an Eventide H9 today, just to see what all the fuss is about. Hopefully it lives up to the expectations.

Looks like you got it covered. I’m afraid I could never learn to work one of those things.

Hope all is well with you and yours after the tornados.

Luckily for me we're about 200 miles from the tornadoes - I appreciate you concern :). Kentucky is pretty wide - the tornadoes hit the Southwestern end, I'm at the very Northern point of KY. I have some friends in the affected area, luckily they all came through OK, with just some property damage but no injuries and no loss of house/car/etc.

The HX Effects is actually REALLY easy to use, as once you add the pedal model the knobs work just like pedal knobs, then you save it. I'm particularly impressed by the Timmy model - sounds like the actual Paul C Timmy that I used to own.

I made this a couple days ago out of boredom. If I was gigging I’d prob loose the Procession and 3Ser Fuzz cause they are really only for fun and experimentation. The Tumnus is probably overkill as well. Id also go back to my Diamond Jr Comp which is more subtle and transparent. Although the Tidy Whitey is much preferable to a Dyna Comp, it’s not really my sound. But I had to try a comp with a blend. The blend helps, but the Diamond optical is still more subtle.
DDD314CE-4D99-4DCD-B560-8F4C3CA0116E.jpeg

Todays board. Went back to my favorite delay. The Mystery Brain is a great tape emulation with just a bit of mod wobble.
Decided to give the Karma another chance as its been a good while and havnt used it since I got the Protein. Its set with just a bit of gain as an always on into the clean Bassman. The Karma does wonders for the BB side of the Protein, I wasn't thrilled with the BB side but a little push from the Karma with a bit of mids added makes all the difference.
Also gave the Plumes another go, and it seems to work really well as lead boost for the Protein, and as a boost into the Sp Cranker, kinda tightens it up. I may try the Tumnus here as well as I think they'd both work well in this setting.
I'm really liking this combination of gain pedals, tons of good OD sounds going on in different combinations.
Im gonna keep this a while. Threw on the chorus and flange just cause I had the room, but I'll prob put an analog delay in place of the flange.
IMG_1071.jpeg

Last edited:
Jammed with my keyboard buddy for a couple hrs this afternoon. Played the SG with pretty much the whole time the Karma into the BB side of the Protein , a little bit of slapback, thru the 50w Silverface Bassman/Weber Cali 15 rig. It was a pretty damn epic sound if you ask me. So glad I tried this combo, the Karma really helps the BB side of the Protein. Plenty of dirt, yet still "cleanish", esp when played lightly, very responsive and transparent.

Gonna start getting it all connected tomorrow. Gonna add two expression pedals on the side, and I'm thinking of putting an Oceans 11 underneath the whole thing, keeping it in the Gamechanger Plus FX loop on the shimmer mode, giving you that choir of angels every time you hit that thing.

300321804_635656201073712_6044257788476785395_n.jpeg

Back