Pets of Wein

Not-like.

Most domestic cats kill and leave the dead, uneaten carcass when they are done playing with it. Or they bring it to their owner as a trophy. It's a game. MAN roaming free and killing is not cool either.

*your cat doesn't really have a home right? Torty probably does eat it what it kills.
My issue with cats roaming free is them deciding to use my flower bed/garden as a litter box. Well...that and deciding to get in on, loudly, outside my window at odd hours of the night.

OTOH, if they want to kill some of the field mice running around the yard, I'm actually OK with that. :shrug:

My issue with cats roaming free is them deciding to use my flower bed/garden as a litter box. Well...that and deciding to get in on, loudly, outside my window at odd hours of the night.

OTOH, if they want to kill some of the field mice running around the yard, I'm actually OK with that. :shrug:
You make a good point. We have had a visitor this past week. I should set out a trap. It's hypocritical to want them to kill the rats, but leave the birds alone right?

20230831_084000.jpg

You make a good point. We have had a visitor this past week. I should set out a trap. It's hypocritical to want them to kill the rats, but leave the birds alone right?
I do feel bad for the birds, especially if a nest gets knocked down with babies and/or eggs and you know the mom isn't coming back.

Edit: But on the flipside, a couple years ago we had an increase in the number of young rabbits in the neighborhood, and they were getting into the garden and eating the vegetables. I then noticed more hawks hanging around, followed by rabbits not getting into the garden anymore. Nature....go figure.

Last edited:
Was out with Lola last night and passed one of our neighbours we don't see much of.

We don't really see each other much but I got chatting about us moving house and Lola had to hang around for a bit while she was desperate to get to her favourite field.

Our neighbour remarked on how calm, well groomed and happy she was compared to when we got her.

I do feel bad for the birds, especially if a nest gets knocked down with babies and/or eggs and you know the mom isn't coming back.

Edit: But on the flipside, a couple years ago we had an increase in the number of young rabbits in the neighborhood, and they were getting into the garden and eating the vegetables. I then noticed more hawks hanging around, followed by rabbits not getting into the garden anymore. Nature....go figure.

The difference being that there is no ridiculously disproportional amount of hawks because of humans :shrug:

Took Kiira with me to the office today for the first time. She's been to my studio/workspace a lot, but never to the office. My company has a smaller space within one of those bigger co-working kinda spaces, so I was kind of afraid she might bork at sounds in the bigger space or just generally be a dick to other people in the shared space or whatever. But she did amazing, she was super happy to see my colleagues she met before again, behaved really well around the one she didn't know yet, was friendly enough (and not in hand-chomping moods) against the people in the common spaces :thu: Not only is she allowed to come back, people actually want her to join more often :embarrassed:

3Spz9VA.png

My cat Snort is at least 16 years old. I don't know for sure. Over the last few days, she's had trouble walking and just doesn't seem like herself. Sadly, I think it's time to put her to rest. We have a vet appointment in the morning. She was my mom's cat. I inherited her after Mom passed. I'm thankful for the last 4.5 years I had with her.
Snort.jpg

My cat Snort is at least 16 years old. I don't know for sure. Over the last few days, she's had trouble walking and just doesn't seem like herself. Sadly, I think it's time to put her to rest. We have a vet appointment in the morning. She was my mom's cat. I inherited her after Mom passed. I'm thankful for the last 4.5 years I had with her.
View attachment 85909
Poor baby Snort. As you're a long time cat lover, you know when it's time, but that sure doesn't take the pain away.

Snort was overly clingy in bed last night. She just wanted to sleep next to me and be cuddled. By the time we got to the vet this morning, it seemed like she was catatonic. She was breathing very slowly with glossy eyes and not moving. After they injected the sedative, nothing changed other than her gasping a few times. After they injected the death dose, she was gone within seconds. It's almost like she knew that she was dying and just wanted rest. Somehow, they just know. Rest in peace, Snort.

Snort was overly clingy in bed last night. She just wanted to sleep next to me and be cuddled. By the time we got to the vet this morning, it seemed like she was catatonic. She was breathing very slowly with glossy eyes and not moving. After they injected the sedative, nothing changed other than her gasping a few times. After they injected the death dose, she was gone within seconds. It's almost like she knew that she was dying and just wanted rest. Somehow, they just know. Rest in peace, Snort.
I'm very sorry for your loss PunkKitty.

Buzz turned 20 years old this week. He is a survivor. He had a stroke at 15. He was dragging his hind quarters for a night then fully recovered the next day. Had a stroke again a couple years ago that he never fully recovered from. His hind legs are pretty weak and unstable.
He has been deaf for a few years now. He is a bit senile and never shuts up. We love him dearly.
IMG_1032.jpeg

Sorry for your loss but thank you for helping her out of her suffering.

So very sorry for your loss.

Back