Dig it! My Strymon Iridium Thread.

Did a trial run with my new in-ear monitors and I'm not in love with the inn-ears more than anything else. Heading to GC in a few.

Just remember that you still need something to hear yourself with if you don’t have a PA.
The band I'm with now has an in-ear system so that is covered. I also have a powered monitor I could use, though something nicer might be called for.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Did a trial run with my new in-ear monitors and I'm not in love with the inn-ears more than anything else. Heading to GC in a few.
Try as I might, I just can't seem to get along with IEMs--especially when I have to mix my own on my phone and there's not enough sound check time to dial it in right because the sound guys wasted a ton of time trying to get their shit together.
:eyeomfg:

Try as I might, I just can't seem to get along with IEMs--especially when I have to mix my own on my phone and there's not enough sound check time to dial it in right because the sound guys wasted a ton of time trying to get their shit together.
I've never tried them, but I'm sure I'd have a hard time with them as well. I can't wear ear plugs at shows because it makes everything sound bad.

There is definitely a adjustment curve with IE monitors. And generally the cheaper ones (single driver and some dual driver) have very poor low end.

I’ve resisted getting IEM’s for this same reason.. At least in All Star Trio all of our monitor mixes are stored in the QSC Touchmix’s memory so thats not an issue but I hate the sound of my guitar through most monitors. I usually try to run only vocals in my monitor mix but with the IEM’s thats going to have to change. Sadly Guitar Center was useless as usual today so I wont be using the IEM’s today but I will be trying out the Iridium.

The 8 is better than the 12 on the Headrush. It is LOUD. I am saving to grab one now. Will go perfectly with my gigboard and the potential Iridium in my cart. Mark Wein is an enabler.
That's what my wife said at least. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The 8 is better than the 12 on the Headrush. It is LOUD. I am saving to grab one now. Will go perfectly with my gigboard and the potential Iridium in my cart. Mark Wein is an enabler.
That's what my wife said at least. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I need to get paid from my last couple gigs, but then my list is as follows:
Headrush 108 frfr cab
Iridium
Boss GT-1 (as a backup rig)
Fender Player Strat HSS w/ Floyd

Then I'm seriously gonna have to start getting rid of some shit.

I need to get paid from my last couple gigs, but then my list is as follows:
Headrush 108 frfr cab
Iridium
Boss GT-1 (as a backup rig)
Fender Player Strat HSS w/ Floyd

Then I'm seriously gonna have to start getting rid of some shit.
What are you using for effects?

I spent all afternoon trying to figure out why the iridium sounded like shit when I ran it with my big board and it turns out something on the board took a shit in the loop with both Strymon pedals so I’m bypassing all that and I added a small board for the iridium, El Capistan (which I’m using to both split the signal to both the amp and the iridium as well as replace the timeline for the night) and a passive direct box. Fuck.
169E01AD-3C2E-4AF4-81B9-CC59A8D669DF.jpeg
76EE6182-F1FC-4206-B333-4821564933DA.jpeg
ABEF5716-2124-48BD-A232-8A7B91C19AB7.jpeg

What are you using for effects?
HX Stomp. It's doing everything right now, but it's too time consuming to dial in amp tones--and I'm not totally in love with the tones I do get.
Although I did just stumble on the plexi 2204/"Heir Apparent" (Analogman Prince of Tone model) combination, which sounds pretty fucking good. But I still want to get the Iridium in the loop of the Stomp to see what the two of them can do together.

I spent all afternoon trying to figure out why the iridium sounded like shit when I ran it with my big board and it turns out something on the board took a shit in the loop with both Strymon pedals so I’m bypassing all that and I added a small board for the iridium, El Capistan (which I’m using to both split the signal to both the amp and the iridium as well as replace the timeline for the night) and a passive direct box. Fuck.
View attachment 52647 View attachment 52648 View attachment 52649
Yeesh!

I was struggling with my sounds last month but I was swapping in guitars I hadn’t used in a while and playing in some strange venues so I figured it was other stuff. None of these bands rehearse or have sound checks so this rig lives in cases between shows and I use my small (and now dismantled) board for everything else.

View attachment 52647 View attachment 52648 View attachment 52649

Dear powers the be

I understand stuff going tits up is the cost of doing business. But if you could wait till I'm not trying to figure something new out, that would be great.

Mark

Back