Dig it! My Strymon Iridium Thread.

So a super fast test running it with my small pedalboard into my vocal monitor is pretty good. Much better than micing my amp and running it through. I made a short phone video but its really distorted so it's not a good representation of the sound. I need to get a direct box tomorrow though if I'm going to use it on my gig. I'll share the video with you guys even though it sucks tonight and I'm going to make a better one tomorrow with my full rig so that I can test it before showtime.

518902FF-622A-4D88-AF35-0EC203EE7E6F.jpeg

I’m digging it so far.

As a long time Deluxe Reverb player - how close do you find their model?
To be honest, it sounds like a normal deluxe and I’m used to the greenbacks in mine. I need to record with it when I have more time. For right now I’m actually getting a more usable sound with the marshal sound. I’ll have better feedback tomorrow when I have more time to play with it.

This is the first time I have ever in 34 years of playing guitar liked my sound through a floor monitor, though.

Surprised when you said, "then it goes into my pedal board". If the Iridium is the "amp" I would expect guitar-board-amp.

Surprised when you said, "then it goes into my pedal board". If the Iridium is the "amp" I would expect guitar-board-amp.
Because I’m a dummy and did things out of order. Now I can’t remember if I did them in the right order or not. I’ll check in a few.

Because I’m a dummy and did things out of order. Now I can’t remember if I did them in the right order or not. I’ll check in a few.

I’m guessing you said it wrong. If it sounded that good being first in the chain then that’s something. I’d like to try one out, but with it not having a loop, I’m not seeing how it really works. Either you delays go into it, which negates using it crunchy, or they come after the IRs which should cloud the signal going into to delay. I’ve gotta stop watching your videos or I’ll end up with one :grin:

The simplicity of this is making it very tempting for me. I was thinking of a Helix or an HX Stomp - but I already love my pedals and the thought I can drop this onto my pedalboard, adjust a few knobs and go has a huge appeal. I'm not one to spend hours tweaking the perfect tone and I don't really need 50 amp models. I love my Vox - and this covers that (exactly actually - AC15 with Alnico speaker) and the Fender and Marshall options will give me more than I will ever realistically need.

Plus this and a direct box (and probably a new pedalboard) is way cheaper than the other options I was looking at. It would just set my acoustic fund back quite a few months.

The simplicity of this is making it very tempting for me. I was thinking of a Helix or an HX Stomp - but I already love my pedals and the thought I can drop this onto my pedalboard, adjust a few knobs and go has a huge appeal. I'm not one to spend hours tweaking the perfect tone and I don't really need 50 amp models. I love my Vox - and this covers that (exactly actually - AC15 with Alnico speaker) and the Fender and Marshall options will give me more than I will ever realistically need.

Plus this and a direct box (and probably a new pedalboard) is way cheaper than the other options I was looking at. It would just set my acoustic fund back quite a few months.
Just remember that you still need something to hear yourself with if you don’t have a PA.

Just got done teaching a lesson using the same rig as last night with my tele and I'm even happier with the clean sound. It still doesn't sound like my amp in the room, but it sounds like a much better version of my amp with a Sennheiser e609 hung in front of it. And it wouldn't kill me to have to play an entire gig with this sound, either. I need to do a little work on my in-ear monitors this morning and then going to GC to get a direct box (the only one I have is the Para DI for my acoustic rig) and then I'm setting up my whole rig and dialing that in for tonight.

Also, I did have the pedalboard in front of the Iridium.

Back