Everyones fav band...looks like Daltry getting an enema and sounds like Plant

You know...it's too bad they didn't just do another thing like One Direction, or Backstreet Boys, or New Kids On The Block...I mean, playing instruments and doing stuff in the rock genre - that's sh!t.

You know...it's too bad they didn't just do another thing like One Direction, or Backstreet Boys, or New Kids On The Block...I mean, playing instruments and doing stuff in the rock genre - that's sh!t.
So, we're at the point where we are grateful for boring generic bands just because they have guitars and play mediocre rock music? :angry::cop:

This is literally how Creed and Limp Bizkit fans defended their favorite music in 1999.

Except the references to backstreet boys and new kids on the block weren't as outdated back then.

Reactions: wok
5 years is not long ago is it ?
But they are not currently what is going on in pop music.

Also, look at the billboard pop charts (top 25 singles) right now. Though these bands suck, they do play instruments:

Panic at the Disco, Benny Blanco, Post Malone, Five Seconds of Summer, The Chainsmokers, Maroon 5, Mark Ronson, Dan + Shay

But they are not currently what is going on in pop music.

Also, look at the billboard pop charts (top 25 singles) right now. Though these bands suck, they do play instruments:

Panic at the Disco, Benny Blanco, Post Malone, Five Seconds of Summer, The Chainsmokers, Maroon 5, Mark Ronson, Dan + Shay

weren't PATD and M5 both making records before One Direction even formed? Possibly before the member of One Direction were even born ?

weren't PATD and M5 both making records before One Direction even formed? Possibly before the member of One Direction were even born ?
Doesn't matter. And no.

The point is who is on the charts at the moment, not when they formed. One Direction is not a big player in popular music at the moment.

Also, forgetting that every member of One Direction plays guitar. Where is their participation trophy?

170515_MUSIC_Harry-guitarsolo.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Zayn Malik

5fc958e40242a436a7605d93da178e67--men-fashion-photography-photography-ideas.jpg

Niall Horan

Niall-Horan-Water-Electric-Guitar-Video.jpg

Louis Tomlinson

cute-guitar-handsome-louis-tomlinson-Favim.com-2578992.png

This is literally how Creed and Limp Bizkit fans defended their favorite music in 1999.

Except the references to backstreet boys and new kids on the block weren't as outdated back then.

I am not a fan defending them necessarily. I don`t have any of their music but it`s a rock band that I don`t mind hearing when they get played on the radio. As for the Boy Band references, I merely went in chronological order to the best of my recollection.

Now, if you are a Boy Band aficionado, feel free to update with the latest one that I am not aware of. I don`t really get the point of your post as Creed and Limp Bizkit, though definitely differing in style, don`t have nice classic rock guitar playing that is quite obvious in the GVF music...but hey, if you can rip on the guitar like that go ahead and post a video.

I never liked any Creed that I heard though a song called Higher was tolerable at the time. Limp Bizkit was never my thing at all.

I am not a fan defending them necessarily. I don`t have any of their music but it`s a rock band that I don`t mind hearing when they get played on the radio. As for the Boy Band references, I merely went in chronological order to the best of my recollection.

Now, if you are a Boy Band aficionado, feel free to update with the latest one that I am not aware of. I don`t really get the point of your post as Creed and Limp Bizkit, though definitely differing in style, don`t have nice classic rock guitar playing that is quite obvious in the GVF music...but hey, if you can rip on the guitar like that go ahead and post a video.

I never liked any Creed that I heard though a song called Higher was tolerable at the time. Limp Bizkit was never my thing at all.
Creed and Limp Bizkit played rock music and all of their own instruments live and on record. And were contemporaries of the boy band phenomenon that people claimed was destroying rock music.

Boy bands are not really a big thing right now, especially in America. And have not been for awhile. Korea is going crazy for it right now with their own acts (and girl groups), but it is not making a mark right now on US billboard charts at all. Single acts and one-off collaborations are the thing right now in pop. So comparing GVF to boy bands is not really useful.

We all have heros, and we all have influences. When we play there are things that come through based on those influences. That being said, no-one sounds that much like another artist without an intentional effort to do so.

If you want to be in a LP tribute band, great have at it. But don’t get all pissy when people point out that you are quit obviously trying to copy their sound. They sound like Paul Reed Smith talking about spending three years coming up with his revolutionary not a Strat strat.

Creed and Limp Bizkit played rock music and all of their own instruments live and on record. And were contemporaries of the boy band phenomenon that people claimed was destroying rock music.

Boy bands are not really a big thing right now, especially in America. And have not been for awhile. Korea is going crazy for it right now with their own acts (and girl groups), but it is not making a mark right now on US billboard charts at all. Single acts and one-off collaborations are the thing right now in pop. So comparing GVF to boy bands is not really useful.

But your responses to my posts are SUPER useful.

But your responses to my posts are SUPER useful.
I don’t mean use as in educational, but in the sense that some comparisons don’t put things in any more perspective. Especially comparisons between non contemporaries or between things with different purpose.

For instance, a good defense of the backstreet boys would not be that at least they aren’t free jazz or 80s thrash metal.

I don’t mean use as in educational, but in the sense that some comparisons don’t put things in any more perspective. Especially comparisons between non contemporaries or between things with different purpose.

For instance, a good defense of the backstreet boys would not be that at least they aren’t free jazz or 80s thrash metal.

Well, perhaps I should have said they are playing decent stuff in the rock genre to somewhat clarify...whereas I wouldn't use 'decent' as a descriptor when discussing Creed or LB.

I just figured that musicians and guitar people might know what I meant.

Back