What is your favorite record guitar tone?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8y3kneqrs"]YouTube- Pearl Jam - Yellow Ledbetter[/ame]

I like this a bunch. :)
 
Matt Smith's St. Anger....



Of course... I think it's the snare that makes the track. :grin:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A tough call....

I loved Santana's tone early in his career (Oya Como Va, Europa)



Eric Johnson' lead tone on this one...



Peter Buck here....
[YOUTUBE]j7oQEPfe-O8[/YOUTUBE]

And Toad nails my favored electric tones on this one - both rhythm & lead..


And epic acoustic tone From Mr Keaggy on this one...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The rhythm tone for ...And Justice For All still is amazing. I know it's scooped, I know you can't hear much of the bass in the mix, but goddamn! :eek:

As far as clean tone, you really can't go wrong with Little Wing.
 
I love Angus Young's tone. No pedals, no nuthin' - just a Gibson SG straight into a cranked Marshall drool0
 
UFO - Strangers in the Night
Hey Mercedes - any album
Q and Not U - No Kill No Beep Beep

I think the out-and-out favourite is actually Blink 182 - Enema of the State though. Thick, powerful and juicy :love:
 
The rhythm tone for ...And Justice For All still is amazing. I know it's scooped, I know you can't hear much of the bass in the mix, but goddamn! :eek:

And that's why I don't like it much. It's clearly the wrong tone for that album because of the disappearing bass.
That's what I would call a bad mix decision.
On its own, sure it's awesome, but it makes for a crappy mix. And it did. :wink:
 
I've always thought Metallica had pretty shit/bland tone :shrug:

I long for the day when metal guitar players finally figure out that that their guitar is not a bass. :embarrassed:
Add some fucking mids and turn down the bass, and like magic they'll suddenly cut through the mix. :)

It's scary how many don't understand that simple concept. gah
 
Back
Top