What are you practicing this week?

Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll. The various parts of the solo are coming along, but I need to get to the point of playing the entire solo smoothly with the music.

Rolling Stones - Happy: Need to work out a slide solo. Open G tuning + capo = I need to spend some time figuring out some licks that sound good.
 
MIDI.

This week is all about the few synth heavy songs we are doing and programming all of the parts. Fun stuff.

Spent 4 hours in the studio Saturday and didn't touch a guitar.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
 
Midi here too
Trying to lay down drums and bass into a song I have going. Lyrics probably won't happen. It's more of an exercise to get more familiar with Reaper but I have come to the conclusion that I have no clue how to do drums or bass. I also have decided that penciling in drum notes is a pain and I'm not at all sure how to do fills :(. Maybe I should just go with the prearranged grooves in EZdrummer but then for sure I won't figure it out.

And doing bass on a keyboard is not easy since I need to learn where the keys are for the notes I think I want. Getting a bass guitar isn't in the cards so this has to do for now. I can say while it won't be good it will be all original so I got that going for me :grin:
 
  • Like
Reactions: OGG
I started off the week, as measured from last tuesday, class night, pretty well. Working mostly on our class stuff. But the last few days I have got nothing done. Hopefully I will get some done today.
 
I tried a Western Swing lick to see if that would put some fun back into my playing. The enthusiasm was there but I've got some work to do to pull it off.
 
We added these tunes to the setlist and will be debuting them this weekend. on the Luke Bryan tune i play the keyboard part on guitar. neither song is that tricky,but i like the licks i am playing in both tunes


"yeah" is pretty cool,as guys will agree to ANYTHING to get a little

 
I have been trying to channel my inner Buchanan, but it's been a real chore. I feel slow and uncreative. Maybe my NGD ( expected to be Friday) will put me over the top. I actually took the Soldano outside by the pool last night to play hoping fresh air would be fresh chops.
 
Last edited:
Still working on example 1 from class. Making a little progress. Switched guitars, seemed to help a little.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top