Gary Blanchard
beloved, local musician
On Saturday Carol wanted to go to some gardens in the area. The first is called The Secret Garden. There Is a munched path leading to it that the Town of Shrewsbury maintains; midway down the path lies a dirt path that becomes the Secret Garden. It's a person's large back yard filled with odd statuary, plaques with various uplifting messages, a mushroom table and stools. It was magical, but a lot of uneven ground, which is difficult for me. Then we went to a nearby park, climbed a rather steep hill to see a garden that is being restored amid ruins of a mansion that was once there. Again, a lot of uneven ground, and I find going downhill harder than uphill. We got home around 3 pm and I rested
Sunday morning we went to a flea market in Hubbardston. Like Saturday, there's about an hour's drive. Unlike Saturday the sun was bright with temperatures around 85. No hills, but a lot of uneven ground. There wasn't much worth seeing, but it was sort of fun. I wore a straw hatto protect my head and face but my arms felt it.
We came home and I rested a bit, then headed to Lost Towns to be part of a benefit for a local musician recently diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. Donations at the concert came to $1600, and Lost Towns donated $200 from beer sales. This was the second benefit for Tony this weekend, plus the family has a Go Fund Me set up. It makes me realize how lucky I have been, having Medicare (at least so far) and a great secondary insurance through Carol's pension. I have had very little out of pocket expenses.
I am feeling sore and achy, but am happy that I was able to be fairly active this weekend.
Sunday morning we went to a flea market in Hubbardston. Like Saturday, there's about an hour's drive. Unlike Saturday the sun was bright with temperatures around 85. No hills, but a lot of uneven ground. There wasn't much worth seeing, but it was sort of fun. I wore a straw hatto protect my head and face but my arms felt it.
We came home and I rested a bit, then headed to Lost Towns to be part of a benefit for a local musician recently diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. Donations at the concert came to $1600, and Lost Towns donated $200 from beer sales. This was the second benefit for Tony this weekend, plus the family has a Go Fund Me set up. It makes me realize how lucky I have been, having Medicare (at least so far) and a great secondary insurance through Carol's pension. I have had very little out of pocket expenses.
I am feeling sore and achy, but am happy that I was able to be fairly active this weekend.

