Well, Sharon did it…

And he was awesome. His voice cracked in places but overall he kept the crowd on their feet and smiling. It was worth every penny I spent and the travel time to see him smile on stage one last time.
IMG_0138.jpeg
IMG_0134.jpeg
 
For once I'm not going to have a go at her. Her hubby and his mates got one final show and the rest of us can celebrate their incredible contribution to rock and metal music. And for them to do it in their hometown is lovely. Perfect way to sign off really.
 
For once I'm not going to have a go at her. Her hubby and his mates got one final show and the rest of us can celebrate their incredible contribution to rock and metal music. And for them to do it in their hometown is lovely. Perfect way to sign off really.

Every clip I've seen of performances from the show were epic.
 
And he was awesome. His voice cracked in places but overall he kept the crowd on their feet and smiling. It was worth every penny I spent and the travel time to see him smile on stage one last time.
The video footage is great! 10 hours of entertainment. There were some excellent covers of Sabbath songs throughout the day. Others fell short. There were even a few cool covers of Ozzy's solo material. Yet, even crippled in a chair with Parkinson's disease, nobody's vocals cut through that music better than Ozzy Osbourne.

If they are able to release all that was broadcast on Blu-ray, it will be a great addition to a home concert archive. The price will be high. The sound is excellent! I'll be rewatching the video footage on my hard drive time and again. :thu:
 
Sharon said she got into it with a band's manager and tossed the well known band off the gig. Any guesses?

Motley Crue stands out as a no-show
 
Sharon said she got into it with a band's manager and tossed the well known band off the gig. Any guesses?

Motley Crue stands out as a no-show
Wolgang Van Halen was listed on the poster. Supposedly, he had to back out because of tour commitments with Mammoth.
 
It wouldn’t be Motley Crüe. They never would have been invited in the first place because they don’t perform live, it’s all backing tracks, and they have a habit of screwing up and doing random shit while the track is playing.
 
Sharon promised to reveal the name of the band after the concert. She said it was NOT Iron Maiden. Kelly Osbourne said it was NOT Megadeth. Here is my guess.

I think the band was TOOL. Yes, I realize that they played the show. However, they were first removed from the lineup. Then, they were added back into the show. I'm guessing the band got involved and told their management to fix things.
 
It wouldn’t be Motley Crüe. They never would have been invited in the first place because they don’t perform live, it’s all backing tracks, and they have a habit of screwing up and doing random shit while the track is playing.
OIP.jpeg
 
Also, Nuno Bettencourt playing in a LFC shirt with Diogo J at the back. Love that. I know he's part Portuguese, so that's a part of it I suppose but still... Us LFC fans love it. We've been heartbroken for a few days now. Little gestures like that really means a lot.
 
Also I loved this one.

While I know Jack Black is fucking everywhere, but seeing him backed by a bunch of kids is every kinds of awesome.

 
Also I loved this one.

While I know Jack Black is fucking everywhere, but seeing him backed by a bunch of kids is every kinds of awesome.



Btw...the young girl drumming on this. She is fucking incredible. It's just like hearing Tommy Aldridge ffs. Bloody hell.
And she's... 15!! That's not fucking possible. It's not just the motoric skills, but the maturity.... Never heard anything like it. She's unbelievable.
 
Last edited:
Yungblud was incredible. It was amazing how 40,000 of us went from having no idea who he was to being enthralled into a singalong. He’s coming to Denver in August and I want to go but I think I’d feel like an idiot in a room full of young second wave emo fans.
Nuno and youngblud both seemed to be stand out performers from the footage I saw
 
Back
Top