Lunch: The Nightmare Gyro Drought of 2015 is over!

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
A few months ago one of my favorite lunch spots said they were moving around the corner. What they meant was, "we are closing and might open again at some time in the distant future."

Today they finally re-opened. Man that gyro tasted good. :cool:

No pics, sorry.
 
Do they have a name?
giphy.gif
 
"Mediteranean Grill" or something creative like that - used to be a Droubi's but I guess they got spun off. They used to be right by Beck's Prime, now they are a little farther on the other side of Schlotsky's.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
Gyro shortage? Never heard of such a thing :eek:


(In the greater Chicago area, indy gyro places are probably a close third behind pizza and Mexican places)
 
Gyro shortage? Never heard of such a thing :eek:


(In the greater Chicago area, indy gyro places are probably a close third behind pizza and Mexican places)

I could have found other places, I just didn't want to have to change my route, or go up on the surface. I prefer to stay in our tunnel system. I'm like a southern CHUD.

Not that we can compete with Chicago for ethnic food options...

On that topic - I was amazed in Paris how many gyro places there were.
 
Best gyro I ever ate was off a cart by the Met in NYC. Probably saying more about the quality of the Gyros here actually, but it was quite tasty.
 
I will end my gyro drought tomorrow.There is a place near me that's supposed to be good.
 
Man, I love gyros!
Best one I've ever had was from a food truck at a brewery/tasting room in Sacramento earlier this summer. It was fucking amazing!
 
Back
Top