TGP PRS Interview

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
I read the interview before I looked at your post...I KNEW the doctor/lawyer thing was yours...:grin:
 
Fun read. I had the pleasure of meeting him once as he was delivering some guitars to Santana at a gig I was working. Seemed like a really nice fella. I'm not a huge fan of his guitars' feel or aesthetics, though TBH I haven't tried out any newer offerings.
 
Interesting questions (well done HAIR), and thoughtful answers. The minute I picked up, and started playing a high end PRS, I could tell it was a very special guitar. I knew that I could never justify what it would cost to own a high end PRS, but I have been very pleased with the quality of my SE 30th Anniversary Custom 24.
 
He makes great guitars and created a whole other sound and ergonomic feel option for guitarists. The unfortunate truth is that most guitarists are brain washed and ill informed about brand names, and what is considered a good sound.

And yeah, lawyers, dentists, doctors, or anyone with lots of disposable income are the majority of people buying his guitars. It's not like there are millions of Santanas, Tremontis, and McLaughlins buying his guitars.

There are only so many rich rock stars who can get beyond thinking they need a Les Paul. The guys slugging it out in the clubs play affordable Fender guitars for the most part.
 
Great interview, I wish it was longer too. I've played a couple of PRS that were more recent and I could tell they were really nice. I've never had the cash in hand when a special one presented itself so I seem to keep ending up with the weird guitars I do own.
 
PRS is right. Drs & Lawyers can't afford the core series anymore, what with the ACA and all. Now, they're being bought by investment bankers...
 
Back
Top