Question: Telecaster info

NOT an MIM standard -- or at least it is not a stock MIM standard. That is a Wilkinson bridge (my Kirn Barnbuster has one) -- you can tell by the brass saddles and the raised "ashtray" lip around the bridgeplate. I'm betting it's a partscaster -- and a very nice-looking one at that. A front-and-back shot of the headstock should help confirm that.

I'd swear that's a fender pressed bridge...you can read Fender running parallel to the pup...or at least I can.
 
I'd swear that's a fender pressed bridge...you can read Fender running parallel to the pup...or at least I can.

Y'know what -- you're right! I just looked at the image larger, and it has different brass barrels than the Wilkinson bridge. However, it is NOT the MIM standard bridge -- it looks like the bridge they put on the MIM FSR.
 
Y'know what -- you're right! I just looked at the image larger, and it has different brass barrels than the Wilkinson bridge. However, it is NOT the MIM standard bridge -- it looks like the bridge they put on the MIM FSR.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe a MIM FSR Classic Series Ash with the brass saddle bridge? They definitely do ash FSRs somewhat regularly. I see butterscotch ones all the time, just not the two-color burst.
 
It may well be stock, but do you know what MIM model it is? I don't think the Std ever did two-color burst and definitely not the three-saddle bridge. I don't see the Baja switching or Roadworn relic-ing...so maybe Classic Series '50s? But even that doesn't come with brass saddles or a black guard. Maybe some minor mods?
NOT an MIM standard -- or at least it is not a stock MIM standard. That is a Wilkinson bridge (my Kirn Barnbuster has one) -- you can tell by the brass saddles and the raised "ashtray" lip around the bridgeplate. I'm betting it's a partscaster -- and a very nice-looking one at that. A front-and-back shot of the headstock should help confirm that.
I tried looking at the additional pics from the ad but there aren't any good ones of the headstock.
I will post the rest of the pics anyway. Any info you guys can provide will be helpful. Actually I'll just post the ad....

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/5856087541.html
 
Okay got the full pics with the headstock...it's a Fender, but getting curiouser and curiouser.

Larger spaghetti logo (not a MIM Std match), but with modern tuners that (not a Classic Series or Classic Player match). Seems like it would have to be an FSR or an oddly modded...wait...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-special-edition-deluxe-ash-telecaster

Check out the specs...so this looks like a legit FSR Deluxe Ash Tele in two-tone burst.

I feel like the price should be better, but that's a sweet set of specs and that color is lovely.

Also keep in mind I don't understand the used market at all. :thu:
 
That looks a lot like mine (aesthetically) without my white binding, 3 play on the PG, and amp knobs. But the burst, black PG and Rosewood . . .
Tele.jpg


is a hawt combo IMO.

IMG_3736_zpsxgwfyuz7.jpg~original
 
Okay got the full pics with the headstock...it's a Fender, but getting curiouser and curiouser.

Larger spaghetti logo (not a MIM Std match), but with modern tuners that (not a Classic Series or Classic Player match). Seems like it would have to be an FSR or an oddly modded...wait...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-special-edition-deluxe-ash-telecaster

Check out the specs...so this looks like a legit FSR Deluxe Ash Tele in two-tone burst.

I feel like the price should be better, but that's a sweet set of specs and that color is lovely.

Also keep in mind I don't understand the used market at all. :thu:
Yep, I think you nailed it with the model.
I agree on the price. That's sort of our sticking point. I want to trade a tc helicon voicelive 2 and he feels that isn't an even trade...and I agree. I need to sweeten the deal a bit. I asked him what his bottom dollar is and then we can agree on a trade that is fair for both of us. I'm willing to trade the processor and some case as well...just waiting to hear back.
 
Yeah, your is sweet. Hey, it that the Pre-Op Strat:eek: Looks better.....LOL:poke:
Nope. That is my first strat, which I still have. The only modification to it was to replace the 3 ply white PG. It is otherwise a stock 2006 MIM 60th Anniversary model, with Tex-Mex pickups. The Blacktop Strat that I modified is the one in my avatar pic.
 
Both the P90 and the A3 "Rock wind" bridge were wound by Bryan Gunsher (BG) Pickups, and really make the guitar sound way better than a Squier ought to be allowed to sound.
He makes a great pup. I haven't had the pleasure of playing one but the YouTube vids sound killer.
I emailed him about a set for my Strat but I ended up going with Fokin.
 
Okay got the full pics with the headstock...it's a Fender, but getting curiouser and curiouser.

Larger spaghetti logo (not a MIM Std match), but with modern tuners that (not a Classic Series or Classic Player match). Seems like it would have to be an FSR or an oddly modded...wait...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-special-edition-deluxe-ash-telecaster

Check out the specs...so this looks like a legit FSR Deluxe Ash Tele in two-tone burst.

I feel like the price should be better, but that's a sweet set of specs and that color is lovely.

Also keep in mind I don't understand the used market at all. :thu:
Just noticed....aren't the FSR'a supposed to have the control knobs reversed? The pic of the one I'm interested in has a std. layout. The musicians friend one has the reverse panel....
I suppose putting a reverse layout back to std. is easy enough if one were to want to do that.
 
Back
Top