Songs that are meant to be happy but are depressing as hell

There's a classic Israeli children's album called "The 16th lamb".
One of the songs there is called "Hey, I'm not a baby anymore", it contains the lines:
Hey, I'm not a baby anymore
I dress myself
and I undress myself

At some point the last line became very depressing.
 
Pumped up kicks

A song about a school shooter is supposed to be happy?!?!?

“Robert's got a quick hand
He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan
He's got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he's a cowboy kid
Yeah found a six shooter gun
In his dad's closet hidden oh in a box of fun things, I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet”
 
A song about a school shooter is supposed to be happy?!?!?

“Robert's got a quick hand
He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan
He's got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he's a cowboy kid
Yeah found a six shooter gun
In his dad's closet hidden oh in a box of fun things, I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet”
Oh yeah, that reminds me.

Excitable Boy, Warren Zevon.
 
A song about a school shooter is supposed to be happy?!?!?

“Robert's got a quick hand
He'll look around the room, he won't tell you his plan
He's got a rolled cigarette, hanging out his mouth he's a cowboy kid
Yeah found a six shooter gun
In his dad's closet hidden oh in a box of fun things, I don't even know what
But he's coming for you, yeah he's coming for you
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet”

Tbf that's the first time I've read the lyrics. I'd always pegged it as a nice road trip / bbq song
 
Back
Top