Help! Solution Needed

wok

Nasi Goreng Afficionado
So, my current live setup isn't working for me. I spend more time tapdancing while I am trying to sing at the same time.

Current setup:

- Laney 100w tube head, Clean channel, gain slightly up to give a bit of grit
- HM-2 clone pedal for distortion
- OD pedal for boost
- Reverb pedal
- Delay pedal

I basically have the following settings:

1. heavy buzzsaw hm-2 distortion for rhythm
2. OD/Distortion for lead parts (non-hm-2)
3. OD/Distortion for lead parts with delay and reverb (non-hm-2)
4. Clean sound with reverb and delay

You can see how this is very complicated to do with the current setup.

Now, I have a channel switcher for my amp, which I want to use to slightly change the options I have:

- Drive channel on my amp for distortion, I can use this to quickly switch between settings 1 and 2, by just switching the hm-2 pedal on and off

- Clean channel for setting 4

That leaves me with the issue of switching delay and reverb on and off simultaneously. Ideally I would like for these to automatically switch on when I switch amp channels (to clean channel).

Is there a way to do this?

ok, TL;DR
 
Sounds like you need a octoswitch type thing. Amp switching still has to be done normally. Unless I missed something.
 
Sounds like you need a octoswitch type thing. Amp switching still has to be done normally. Unless I missed something.

Most of the newer switch gizmos (such as the Boss ES-series) can also do channel switching on amps. Most amps typically still use a TS or TRS input for channel switching (depending on number of channels), so that shouldn't be a problem for most amps.

Something like this would probably do the job:
https://buzzelectronics.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=72
 
what Dexter posted looks really cool.

i use a true bypass loop pedal and put my effects in that loop so that one pedal turns them all on and off at the same time but it does not change amp channels so its not exactly what you are looking for but its way cheaper, like 30 bucks.
 
Thanks guys!


There's also a version called the MS-3 with built in effects... so it could give you a few extra effects in case you need an extra reverb, delay, or something else besides the loop switching.

ms-3_F_gal.jpg


ms-3_R_gal.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: wok
@wok Apparently that CTL out can act as a channel switcher for your amp as well... so changing to a new patch would not only change the effects but the amp channel! :cheers:
 
  • Like
Reactions: wok
@wok Apparently that CTL out can act as a channel switcher for your amp as well... so changing to a new patch would not only change the effects but the amp channel! :cheers:

Cool! Still, £399 for a switching solution is a bit out of my budget at the moment.
 
Back
Top