So my son and his cousins were victims of a home invasion last night

Tig

Dildo Store Warlord
The good news is that no one was hurt and one of the burglars was caught. My son, his two girl cousins, and my son's girlfriend were watching their grandmother's (my ex mother in law) apartment while she was tending her husband in the hospital. My son and his girlfriend actually slept through it all in one of the two bedrooms! Either his voice would have scared them off, or things would have escalated. I won't have to remind him to lock all the doors from now on, as his mother and aunt will certainly bitch about it.

http://abc13.com/news/3-people-barricade-themselves-in-room-during-home-invasion-/1719754/

Sadly, the grandmother's husband has only hours left to live. I liked the guy, too. :( Fucking cancer. :mad:
 
Mojo. I have had my home broken into, but thankfully not while I was home. I'm glad everyone is okay.

And mojo to the grandmother and grandfather.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
I'm glad to hear no one was hurt. I was burglarized once while I was entering the house as the perpetrator jumped out a rear window. Very weird feeling after that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
e6b8e7aa8511c106e1440fee9bd199e8.jpg
 
Mojo on two fronts, and thank God no one was hurt.

My aunt and uncle (who passed away last Sept from cancer) lived very close to there (Galveston Rd & Medical Center Blvd) and I stayed overnight several times to watch over him while the cancer ran its course. The area is a bit run down, but didn't seem particularly dangerous.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
Mojo on two fronts, and thank God no one was hurt.

My aunt and uncle (who passed away last Sept from cancer) lived very close to there (Galveston Rd & Medical Center Blvd) and I stayed overnight several times to watch over him while the cancer ran its course. The area is a bit run down, but didn't seem particularly dangerous.

Being close to the freeway, it attracts crime. Mostly car thefts. It can get a bit sleazy at times, but not ghetto like.
I fought an apartment fire there decades ago and it wasn't exactly River Oaks.
 
Glad everyone's okay, Tig.

I worry about this myself from time to time, and how I'd react and if I could get to some home protection in time.
 
Back
Top