So I'm looking at a couple guitars.....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
First one would be the more budget friendly choice, though it sounds very good. I'm just not crazy about the tailpiece..Yamaha Revstar RS502T

92271641-66b6-4bee-b700-aad4b7c347b4-jpeg.326942


Next one is very tempting. Scratches the P90 and semi-hollow itch at the same time. Eastman T64.

P2001345-5.jpg


Last one is another Eastman....SB56.

i7wcg2qvk6numyux1mfr.jpg
 
I've heard good things about the Yamahas, but the tailpiece would be a dealbreaker for me. Looks like it'd make string changes more painful.

I dig both Eastmans, with a preference to the Semi.
 
Yamaha makes really nice guitars that have a level of quality way above their cost but this one leaves me cold.

I hate LP gold tops especially when they age and turn green. Big no.

The hollow body Eastman makes me feel all warm in my pants.
 
I like the Revstar tailpiece. But the Eastmans are GAS worthy, especially the semi.
But Ive been wanting one of those Ice Tea Eastman LPs w some vintage style HBs for a year or two.
 
I have a different model Revstar and can attest to their excellent build quality and playability. I'm actually thinking of selling it and buying that exact model. I dig the green/p90/crazy tailpiece. But you know, they have another p90 model with a different bridge if you prefer.
 
I would gladly rock any of those.

I don't know if they make a P90 version, but @Guitar Heel 's Edwards 335 copy is one of the nicest guitars I've ever played. He is lucky I didn't sneak it out to my car :grin:
 
Back
Top