So I picked my 1974 Deluxe Reverb up from consignment…

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
No one wanted it for my asking price over the last three months. I plugged into it in the store and it sounded great but since I already have a great (and better) sounding deluxe what do you guys think of me trying to trade it for an AC15 hardwired?

23B8586E-6598-4F7A-A282-A0203AF7D2AE.jpeg
70B3D6BC-357C-42FC-96AF-480A7E23CFC5.jpeg


Suhr porn since it was the next pic on my camera.

98EDD253-E5FF-4736-893E-F0E70AEE63BB.jpeg
 
That is not the droid you're looking for....move along

I don't thing you'd dig the AC15 HW
 
No one wanted it for my asking price over the last three months. I plugged into it in the store and it sounded great but since I already have a great (and better) sounding deluxe what do you guys think of me trying to trade it for an AC15 hardwired?

@Mark Wein ... how can I put this subtly.....

























FUCK YEAH!!!



One of the cool things about the Kemper is that I've been able to "try out" different amplifiers that I didn't know by looks or name that would be in my wheelhouse. I've become obsessed with Matchless amps (hot rod boutique AC circuits for those who don't know) because of the way the clean is so glorious, but also can be pushed right to that ragged edge of breakup with a boost so it's clean when you play light to normal... but as you lean into the picking or rhythm strumming there is this compression and breakup that is sweet and spicy!

Made me also understand more about the tonal changes that Mesa Boogies can do the Class A vs Class A/B (when I used to think it was just a way of changing the output levels using the same transformer).


Now... all of that said, I do acknowledge that ACs have to be cranked up to get that tone, and often they're too loud for most people/places. This is why many of the boutique versions have master volume or output staging. Being a Kemper profile, I can dial the volume way back... but since you also play live, you will probably have a better chance to let'er rip than many home players.
 
I don't know what I want to do anymore. I should probably go back to looking for a decent Strat to trade it for. I'm in no hurry.
 
Have to ask - how much were you asking?
I had it at $1400 in the store. Its super clean with the original speaker. It's kind of hard to set a value because everything I see online is totally overpriced. Anything blackface is $3k-$4k.

https://reverb.com/item/40101257-fender-deluxe-reverb-from-1973-perfect-sound
https://reverb.com/item/42396771-fender-deluxe-reverb-2-channel-22-watt-1x12-guitar-combo-1970-1977
https://reverb.com/item/35909096-vintage-1970-fender-deluxe-reverb-amp
Not even in the original box: https://reverb.com/item/40676933-1971-fender-deluxe-reverb-guitar-combo-silver-face-ab763-circuit
 
I would imagine a nice SFDR would go for more than a DRRI and $1400 is the current DRRI price.
 

I dunno... you did everything right. Detailed listing with clean, clear, detailed photos. :shrug:
 

If I had any indication I'd be playing anywhere but Madison Square Livingroom over the next year I'd probably jump at that!
 
If I had any indication I'd be playing anywhere but Madison Square Livingroom over the next year I'd probably jump at that!

Honestly.... Someone needs to start making powered speaker cabinets that LOOK like a Deluxe Reverb... but with blu tooth and a headphone jack.... and people can just run their modelers to them. :wink:
 
Back
Top