Your favourite song by Simon and Garfunkel...

Coda

Not John Watt
...for me, its the entire Sounds of Silence album...I love it...its one of those albums that is perfect start to finish for me...almost like It was made with me in mind...good stuff...

...some highlights for me...

-Title track; a classic
-Blessed; great vibe, with some killer 60's keys
-Kathys Song; classic
-Somewhere They Cant Find Me; great vibe
-Richard Cory and A Most Peculiar Man; great stories
-April Come She Will; great little diddy
-We've Got a Groovy Thing Goin; makes me wanna get up and do the Batusi
-I Am a Rock; amazing tune, amazing message...great...
 
Last edited:
Ahhhhh......the Funkle Brothers (Simon and Gar).

The Boxer
Richard Cory
Ceclila
Bridge Over Troubled Water
 
Yeah, I like a lot of their songs, but The Boxer is the one i pick if I have to pick one. That is a good version too. I like it without the "slammy" sound effects in the chorus.
 
So many gems spread across all their albums that it's practically impossible to narrow the choice down. I like the quiet songs in the corner, though... "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright," "Overs," "Old Friends," "Song for the Asking," etc. Then again I like the more uptempo stuff too.
 
I like the original version of "Sounds of Silence" the one before they sold their souls to the devil.

jon_lovitz-devil-snl-04.jpg
 
For upbeat, I like these covers:

Lemonheads:




To get my Susanna Hoffs fix:



I love this song. Snuff does a good version too. I like that Ric Susanna is rockin' too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:






As for Sounds of Silence, I like the version with the "Byrds" treatment.


I also tend to prefer Paul Simon on his own, more than with Garfunkel. :embarrassed:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Simon was more successful on his own, and arguably better. I do remember one Art album that I liked when I was in middle school, "Breakaway". I haven't listened to it in years, though I hear solo Simon all the time. "Kodachrome" is my favorite Simon solo effort.
 
Back
Top