RIP: Actor Ed Lauter

CBHScott

How did I get here?
Yeah, for many, the name isn't easily recognizable, but if you are around my age this guy was one of THE go-to character actors in the '70s and '80s (esp. "The Longest Yard"), and was still active until his recent illness. He was GREAT at playing the despicable villian, but then could turn around and make you LOL:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/17/showbiz/ed-lauter-death/
 
I had to google him to see his face, but yeah, he is one of those guys who is in lots of things as a supporting actor but you never know his name. RIP.
 
I just watched 'The Artist' a couple of days ago. Didn't recognize him as the butler.

:(
 
Awe man, bummer.

He was always great. He could play any kind of character and make you believe. Sure he was. Great bad guy (the longest yard), but he was just as effective as a good guy.

I just saw him in a recent episode of "Psych" and was happy to see sim still working. In that episode, he played a somewhat dorky Canadian cop. He was great as always.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4
 
Damn, he was in countless roles. It isn't easy to stay that busy as a supporting actor in the business.
RIP
 
Back
Top